Manager - Talent Acquisition at Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance
Views:3932 Applications:603 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance - AVP - Project Delivery Manager (10-15 yrs)
Group Entity: Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance Co.
Role Title : AVP - Project Delivery Manager
Business/Function & Location: (Country/Department) : IT, Gurgaon, India
Role Purpose :
Delivery Manager will manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team. One must be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
Defining project needs and feeding these into the program/portfolio process will enable the resource to be appropriately allocated.
Must have skills :
- Proven experience in delivering digital projects and products
- Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter and maintains positive attitude.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships internally and externally.
- Work independently or as a team player in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in order to achieve shared goals and objectives
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- PC knowledge/experience and the ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Visio.0
- General knowledge of all aspects of the software engineering process
- Knowledge of the insurance domain, system or application
- Should have a client-convincing skill for user sign-off before the successful delivery of each phase.
Key activities and decision-making areas :
1. Project Design and Delivery to monitor the project from the initiation and take responsibility for its successful delivery.
- To assist in project planning.
- To assist with the production of comprehensive project plans and documentation to enable the project to be managed against a clear set of defined deliverables and milestones.
- To assist with the monitoring, measuring, reviewing and updating project process, adjusting project plans and implementing remedial plans and informing all relevant parties.
- To conduct an evaluation of the project and any follow-on action recommendations as required.
- To produce project documentation and create knowledge libraries with the end goal of using this documentation to train and support the end users.
2. The Management of Employees :
- To provide leadership to those involved in the project by defining work and ensuring deadlines are understood and adhered to and that project objectives are clearly articulated and understood.
- To motivate and develop group employees through leadership and example, identifying and agreeing to learning and development needs as required.
3. Managing spending and resources within agreed budgets :
- To ensure project requirements and resource levels are fully supported and approved throughout the lifecycle of the project, including staffing, ICT implementation, etc.
- To manage the successful delivery of projects on time and of the right quality.
4. Auditing Projects :
- To ensure that you carry out regular and comprehensive audits of the systems.
5. To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested.
Customers / Stakeholders :
- Build strong relationships, adopting a win-win approach, to execute change at fast pace and with minimum conflict
- Works closely with delivery partners to shape the programme, ensuring there are clear goals, benefits, scope, governance and delivery structure with planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery and business partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Resolve issues and conflicts within the project team, highlight issues & Risks to the Project Business lead/sponsor in a timely fashion
Operational Effectiveness & Control :
- Manages and reports project risks, issues and dependencies, promoting good risk management across the programme's workstreams
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Compliance with external regulatory requirements, internal control standards and group compliance policy
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Ensures governance processes and decisions are applied consistently, including engaging the programme sponsor/Business lead and stakeholders effectively
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective & timely decision are taken
Major Challenges :
The main challenges of the job are manifest in the following areas :
- Project re-prioritization
- Management & Control changes in the projects
- Meeting deadlines and commitments for projects during a crunch or tight timeframes.
- Collaboration and cooperation whilst working with members of other units and departments to assure coordinated and effective operations.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure projects are on track and ability to communicate effectively the risks and concerns without influence or bias.
Role Context :
- Self motivated with the capability to learn new ideas both independently and quickly is crucial.
- Enthusiastic and confident speaking publicly for both presentations and in delivering process improvements and functional changes.
- Firm yet personable and good at building relationships quickly.
- Possess a strong problem-solving ability.
- Able to demonstrate ability to priorities- work and have good time management skills.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written skills are vital.
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with business users and other members of the IT Team
Management & Leadership of Regulatory, Compliance & Operational Risk :
- Report any operational risk or operational risk loss to the line manager immediately (who is required to timely report to Operational Risk Coordinator) if the jobholder becomes aware of emerging or inadequately controlled operational risk or identify an operational risk loss in accordance with Company policies.
Observation of Internal Controls:
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit/ review points, including issues raised by external regulators.