Senior Consultant at Randstad India Pvt Ltd
Views:307 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:98
Buying & Merchandising Manager - FMCG (8-10 yrs)
Required Education Level: MBA preferred. A graduate with proven performance and requisite experience can be considered.
Required abilities, skills, and knowledge: Good Analytical skills, knowledge of retail, experience in buying and category management, and brand and relationship management experience.
Key Responsibilities & Key Performance Indicators-
Assisting the Category Manager responsible for the category for all the stores across India
- Assisting the Category Manager with the selection of the right product mix.
- Writing, placing, and tracking purchase orders.
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Research new suppliers and make recommendations to the Category Manager.
- Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Planning, monitoring, and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
- Compiling reports on product performance and statistics.
- Coordinating between Shop floor teams, Warehouse, and Replenishment team
- Nurture brand relationships and manage day-to-day communication with brands/suppliers. Accompany them where appropriate on store visits
- Provide detailed category analysis to assist in deriving insight into the category and competitors- analysis of the market, the consumer & competitors.
- Creation and commentary of weekly and monthly category reports
- Creation of monthly depletion reports with brands/suppliers before the 5th of every month
- Assist in managing monthly promotion claims with brands/suppliers. Coordinate with the finance department to raise debit notes and follow up on payments of the same.
- Prepare reports as per business requirement
- Perform all tasks with a strong sense of urgency and a focus on delivering value to the business.