Senior Manager at TrustKlub Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:298 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Buyer - Indirect Procurement - Print Media Conglomorate (4-8 yrs)
At Present, We Are Having An Urgent Opening in Buying - Indirect Procurement for A Reputed Print Media Conglomerate Based At MUMBAI Location.
Years of Experience : 4 - 8 years
The organization pivots to become the content first organization engaging with audiences across platforms, and starts looking at talent across the continuum. In this context, the organization is looking to revamp its total rewards philosophy that works for full time employees, gig/platform workers and managed workforce.
Job Title : Branch Buyer - B&C (Deputy Manager)
Function: Business & Commercial
1. Position Summary & Scope :
- Receive well-defined requirements from multiple users, send enquiries to targeted set of suppliers to negotiate and finalize pricing, payment, delivery, and other terms. To have planned and in-depth tactical negotiation for larger and annual requirements, including Pan India centralized contracts. Liaise with vendors for adherence to quality, speed, and cost. Ensure meeting of primary targets of cost savings, and secondary targets of TAT, correct documentation, timely deliveries, and payments.
- Work closely with supply chain teams for process standardization and improvement.
- Co-ordinate with location heads, collate the relevant data and prepare MIS
- Negotiate and execute Pan India central contracts for material and services (Indirect buying).
- Capex buying experience preferred.
This is a local level role having short term impact on the overall organizational goals.
1. Areas of Responsibility (Key Result Areas)
- Requirement Monitoring: Regularly monitor SAP and email for requirements that have been put up by users. Discussion with users to ensure in-depth unambiguous understanding of requirement, to be able to send enquiries to vendors and negotiate on offers received. Ensure proper approvals before finalizing commercials. Have advance planning with users for annual requirements, with proper tactical plan in place for ensuring best negotiations. In-depth experience in events
- Vendor Management: Send enquiries to potential vendors; be aware of strengths and weakness of vendors in the marketplace; be aware of correct hierarchy of vendor with whom to communicate for best results. Organize technical discussion with user where required; prior understanding with user on how to convert technical differences in offer to commercial differences. Obtain maximum concessions from vendor; finalize payment and delivery schedule with vendors; Issue Purchase Order with agreed legal terms from SAP, after suitable internal approvals, as required.
- Vendor Development: Be in constant touch with market to identify potential new vendors, and leveraging same to commercial advantage in ongoing negotiations. Have long-term plan to develop stronger vendors. Be in constant touch with multiple levels in hierarchy of vendor, to ensure seamless resolution of issues and suitable leveraging for negotiations.
- Logistics: Confirm order with vendor; prepare internal approval note; coordinate sign off on the internal approval note; finalize the legal terms and conditions with the vendor
- Imports: Hands on Experience on INCO terms, Import buying.
- User Coordination: Ensure timely updates to users on status of requirement. Coordinate with user and vendor for resolution of any quality / quantity related issues that may arise, with suitable commercial and financial closure. Follow-up with users for timely processing of vendor invoices to ensure timely payments, which will help in future negotiations.
- MIS Preparation: Interact with supply chain teams for collation, compilation of various data points, analyze the data and convert the data into meaningful information and MIS
- Support various internal and external audits and ensure nil deviation against defined processes
- Special Projects: Identify and lead special projects (cost rationalization, Process standardization & improvement and Pan India Centralized contracts) as assigned from time to time.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.