Business Unit Head - Additives (15-20 yrs)
Business Unit Head - Additives
Exp : 15 - 20 Years
- Develops and authors additives business plan and competitive strategy to drive effective integration of technical, marketing and sales additives business line. Works with Sales and marketing and Company personnel to ensure business plan is understood, embraced and implemented by the team, and creates means to track success of plan. Makes modifications as required to see that business and financial objectives are met or exceeded. Recommends, gains acceptance of, and meets financial performance objectives
- Responsible for the development of new markets and application processes for the coating additives portfolio. Support the strategic business objectives for current and new products in coatings, inks, and related applications; furthermore, to the extension of the product portfolio in cooperation with research & development.
1. Works closely with Sales to fully integrate Marketing strategy with selling plans for top accounts. Develops price and volume budgets for Performance Additives and works with Sales to implement and achieve expected results.
2. Develops, writes and communicates as well as help implement marketing strategy for Performance Additives. Explains strategies and works with Marketing and Sales to ensure successful implementation (very similar to #1).
3. Conducts periodic analysis of activities, cost operations and forecast data to determine progress toward desired goals and objectives.
4. Maintenance of a competitive data base and market segmentation including cost-in-use data.
5. Establishment of effective communications and promotional materials enabling Sales teams to understand product mix and deliver projected results.
6. Prepares and submits monthly progress reports to upper management
7. Develops sales support tools, including, but not limited to literature, technical specifications, competitor profiles, and sources of competitive advantage, web presentations, and samples for use in communication with potential and existing customers.
8. Develops and conducts in-house sales and marketing training for inside sales teams and management.
9. Assesses commercial viability of new product ideas, enters them in New Product Development Plan (NPDP) and provides necessary commercial support for their development.
10. Works with Senior Management in identifying new markets and creates business analysis to assess product marketability and projected sales.
11. Prepares and presents promotional material and product - spotlight- papers at key trade conferences and business shows.
12. Identifies and assesses product, technology, and business acquisition opportunities.
13. Makes necessary arrangements for manufacturing and distribution of products.
14. Sets incentive goals and compensation targets for all senior managers reporting to him.
15. Reviews performance appraisals for all employees of the business unit and ensures that appropriate actions are taken with regard to compensation, development, promotion or broadening of responsibility, or performance improvement action plans.
16. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
17. Initiate and organize application development projects, in order to maximize sales opportunities for the entire coating additives portfolio
18. Supervising generation and contents of high-quality information reports, as used for internal resp. external (sales organization, customer) communication purposes.
19. Supervise, plan and conduct the generation of technical sales promotion tools, including application stimulating reports, -demos, application concepts.
20. Stimulating the relative attractiveness for company as key supplier
21. Establish and promote the application laboratory team and the source of coating technology experts, to support business of the company coating additives group internally and externally
22. To maximize the conditions for development of sustainable technologies
23. Ensures submission of proper product application literature, technical data sheets, material safety data to sales & marketing departments.
24. Responsible for internal and external technical training; hiring and recommendations for promoting and terminating personal
25. Represents company on international events; analyses opportunities and initiates viable cooperation with external partners and global industrial groups, supporting growth targets.
WORKS CLOSELY WITH - Science & Technology, Sales and Marketing, Regulatory and Legal, Manufacturing
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years direct sales or other business management experience in specialty chemicals/additives is required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Broad and progressive paint and coating additives sales, product management, marketing experience and demonstrated commercial success.
- Proven ability to manage people and work in a team setting. Work experience in a specialty chemical manufacturing or lab environment a plus.
- Global Experience a plus.