Senior Consultant at Huquo Consulting
Views:4836 Applications:1074 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Business Rules Analyst/Rules Analyst - Insurance (3-6 yrs)
Business Rules Analyst / Rules Analyst
You will be responsible to manage delivery & stakeholder relationships for clients assigned in your portfolio. You can expect to work with external & internal client/s personnel to contribute in project deliverables, responsible for the execution of the business rule management process, and helps extract and write the business rules. To identify and define sources of business rules, formulate business rules and express those using logical statements and classify the proposed rules and store them in a central repository or BRMS. You are required to update business rules to reflect changes, manage risks that could interfere with the implementation of business rules, maintain traceability of rules, research existing business rules, and ensure that business rules meet pre-defined quality criteria. Reporting of key activities and deliverables.
Role may require overseas travel in future on a short or long-term basis.
You will provide specialized consulting advice basis work performed by the team and support informed decision making at executive levels.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Work with Business team in BRMS (Business Rules Management System) environment
- Perform activities like Rule Authoring, Rule Validation, Rule Testing, Rule Investigation, Rule Deployment
- Responsible for Writing / Maintaining Business Rules in Rules Engine
- Assisting Business team to roll out Rules based products with their clients in different geographies
- Educate customers / end users with Rules environment, Rule structure and significance of Rules. Promote awareness about the advantages of business rules
- Maintain responsibility for harvesting business rules and designing as part of performance improvement tasks
- Experience in developing and maintaining Decision Management services / Decision Intelligence systems
- Knowledge regarding tools like IBM ODM, Inrule, Drools, FICO Blaze Advisor or Any product designed for Rules Management
- Ability to pick up work requests / service requests / work orders / tickets and work towards its completion
- Comprehend and analyze business needs as they impact business rules, translate those needs into sets of configurable rules, and consider potential impacts to the system. Display flexibility to work on multiple projects.
- Work with the business to identify key decision points
- Build decision models to identify business rule sets
- Structure the rules based on logical models, domain and taxonomy within the Business Rules Management system
- Ensure reusability of rules across the enterprise
Experience & Professional Pre-Requisites
- 3+ years of professional experience in areas of Business Rule Analysis within a Business Rule Management environment
- Experience with Business Rules Management System for rules building / development, rule repository, rule engine or the ability to easily learn a new tool
- Exposure to IT project management lifecycle
- Graduate / Post graduate from a reputed college / university.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to find solutions quickly
- Relationship building & networking capabilities. Ability to engage in a conversation, demonstrate a solution oriented approach & work on new business concepts / ideas / delivery models
- Exposure to different systems / software
- Experience in managing diverse teams - working across departments / time zones & geographies (Candidate should be ready to support US time zones when in offshore role)
- Specialized industry experience in Insurance segment is highly preferred