Senior Associate at Daksada
Views:20588 Applications:605 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Business Manager - FMCG Distribution Firm (10-12 yrs)
- Our client is one of the top FMCG Distribution companies in the Sultanate of Oman with many leading international brands within its portfolio and managing a multi-million dollar business. Presently, we have been retained to assist them with the sourcing of a Business Manager.
- The key objectives of the Business Manager's role are, delivering budgeted volume and value sales for the division, managing the working capital requirements, overheads and trade receivables in order to deliver division profits.
- The incumbent will lead and develop his team by creating a challenging & rewarding work environment, developing plans with each business partner / principal, aligning objectives and achieving budgeted sales by category as well as coverage and distribution objectives.
- In addition he will provide optimum service & coverage to the trade by creating innovative route to market solutions and allocating the right resources as well as creating and managing trade investment budgets and ensuring the availability & freshness of stocks through accurate demand planning and supply chain management.
Key Accountabilities :
- Prepare annual budgets covering detailed volume estimates, headcount allocation, expenses on overheads, capital expenditure projections etc.
- Conduct periodic reviews of performance against plan and re-establish forecasts.
- Manage negotiations with business partners on core issues like gross margins, pricing structure, advertising and promotional expenses.
- Directly responsible for controlling inventory through hands-on forecasting and ordering keeping in mind lead times variances, stock-holding, payment terms etc.
- Identify and obtain relevant new business to drive organizational growth.
- Develop strategic customer-specific category plans focusing on the areas of category assessment, product rationalization, and promotion analysis.
- Establish and implement relevant organization structure; recruitment of staff, overseeing their training and development needs and authorizing promotion or termination of staff
- Conduct regular team meetings to ensure that the division is continuously updated on progress against plan, set period objectives, obtain feedback and communicate / Cascade Company highlights
- Building relationships with Business Partners at the highest possible level.
- Full profit responsibility of the Division as an independent profit center.
- Operational control on expenses, stock, debtors, creditors, exceptional customer transactions.
- Conduct appraisals for direct reports and monitor appraisals of all staff in the division, establishing training needs and plans to address these needs
Important KPIs :
- Sales Volume and Revenue vs. Budgets
- Profit Before Tax vs. budget
- Trade coverage & service levels
- Working capital management
- Inventory management
- Trade investments vs. budgets
- Ideal candidate should have minimum 10 years of FMCG experience with 5 years at managerial level, leading a team and managing the top line.
- Experience in Trade Marketing, Key Account Management, Channel Development, Coverage & Route Planning as well as Business Partner Management is mandatory.
- Exposure to shopper marketing, category management & brand development will be given preference.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.