Business Head - Personal Care - South Asia Region (13-20 yrs)
Business Head- South Asia
Industry: Office Equipment / Automation
- The role will entail P&L and other General Management responsibilities for the South Asia region, for the professional products division of a leading Personal Care company.
- The role will be focused on pivoting the business to multiple existing product lines and growing the current portfolio through newer avenues of channels
- The client is a listed American Fortune 500 company with a presence in more than 175 countries, both B2C and B2B channels. They are owners of some of the most iconic brands in the categories they operate in.
- Known for innovation and hiring top talent for leadership positions, the India business is 30 years old with a "Great Place to Work" certification.
- Market Type; Drive organic growth and operating profit within South Asia (Direct responsibility for P&L)
Business Type: B2B
- Leverage in-depth market insight to develop long term sustainable business strategy and mobilize the organization to execute it
- Lead the business development in key vertical market segments, product categories and geographies and online and offline channels by leveraging in-depth market insights
- Expand geographic coverage from India to nearby countries, e.g. Pakistan
- Drive efficient and effective business operation to optimize P&L delivery. Leverage organizational levers
(systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth and customer decision making
- Effectively utilize the various business levers that impact Profit and Loss (P&L) performance to deliver
balanced results; short term and long term/sustainable. Effectively communicate business priorities and
trade-offs to enable team engagement, minimize cross team conflict and maximize results in the region
- Actively collaborate with regional and cross functional teams to win in the market place by utilizing the core capabilities, including category management, innovation, brand and customer experience
- Effectively grow the business while maintaining the highest integrity
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities
- Fix immediate capability gaps in organization and develop medium to longer term local talent pipeline
- Develop a winning and high-performance culture adapted to local cultural practices
- Work cross-functionally (supply chain, finance, HR, etc.) locally and regionally with the businesses to develop and execute Corporate strategic initiatives in India (and the broader Asia Pacific region).
- Act as a member of the Asia Pacific regional leadership team; ensure operations are within the regulatory framework; results are achieved within letter and spirit of our values and ways of working, and appropriate internal controls are in place
A successful candidate will exhibit the following behaviors:-
- Strategic Leadership; Outwardly focused, develops and communicates a compelling vision and integrates business plans into strategic customer plans.
- Innovation Focused; Ability to bring customer insights & ideas to the business teams and excite customers about innovation.
- Customer/ End-User Focus; Need to focus on alternative channels to market. Need to broaden distribution base and leverage brands
- Change Leadership: Articulate a compelling case for change, designs effective change plans and creates a culture that embraces ongoing change.
- Personal Integrity & Inspiration; Model example of desired behavior; leads with contagious optimism and inspiration.
- Product Supply & Supply Chain; Knowledge & understanding of Product Supply & Supply Chain and how both can impact on P&L performance
A successful candidate will come with the following qualifications:
- Master's Degree in business-related discipline preferred
- Strategic thinker with strong problems solving capabilities.
- Leading Complex Organizations & managing business with full P&L ownership, sales & marketing
experience in growth market with strong competition
- Strong commercial focus; an ability to discern business opportunities from market insights and drive these to successful business results
- Highly developed collaboration skills with an ability to work across a matrix organization, influencing peers,
other functions with credibility and strong business leadership.
- Change agent; an ability to deal confidently with ambiguity, motivate people through transformation and mobilize teams to action
- Track record in building talent pipeline, fixing capability gaps and driving toward engaged/enabled organization
- English fluency required; India local language capability required
- Familiar with the India culture
- Lead the business for the South Asia region as a part of the Regional Leadership.
- Get a chance to transform the business for a leading MNC
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Mayank Jain on +91 22 4236 3361. The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.