Senior Search Consultant at Armour Corporate Services
Views:403 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Business Expert - Agri (8-12 yrs)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and contribute to value chains and climate risk assessments of prioritized commodities (pulses, oilseed, potatoes and grains)
- Support agribusinesses to develop business cases
- Support the implementation and roll-out of business cases
- Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones
- Set-up of coaching programs on agribusiness management for entrepreneurs and team
- Lead project development and strategic support in a wide variety of areas, including value chain development and upgrading strategies, improving access to agricultural inputs, agricultural extension and marketing
- Facilitate market-driven linkages between agribusiness producers, wholesalers, processors, and markets
- Meet and liaise with relevant stakeholders, Government staff and SMEs
- Attend relevant meetings, technical working groups, conferences, etc. to share knowledge, coordinate programs, and promote the application/project
- Conduct regular field visits to provide hands-on technical assistance and monitoring of program activities and implementation
- Work collaboratively with diverse groups operating with the selected value chains including but not limited to, the agribusiness community, farmer-based organizations, and the public sector to identify and fund investments along the selected agribusiness value chains
- Visiting farms to conduct analyses and collect data, such as crop yield, trading and market analysis
- Conducting land valuations
- Maintaining awareness of developments in your area of specialization, as well as the wider agricultural sector
- Should have the knowledge on Logistics, Warehousing, Cold Storages and Aggregation Process etc
- Analyse technical and policy issues, strategies and program to support the development, competitiveness, inclusiveness and improved impacts of agribusiness, food systems and value chain development in developing regions
- Participate in developing and reviewing information materials, technical papers and guidelines related to agricultural economics, agribusiness, value chain and food system development on topics, such as agro-industrial, sector/sub-sector, food system and investment strategy development, territorial development; market and policy analysis, business enabling environment, institutional strengthening; inclusive business models, entrepreneurship; contract farming, digital solutions/technologies for value chain development, marketing and market linkages; value chain finance, business support services; public-private platforms and partnerships.
- Contribute to the appraisal of capacity building needs related to the development, competitiveness, inclusiveness and improved impacts of agribusiness and value chain development; and contribute to developing training materials and to training courses and activities.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of program and projects related to agribusiness, value chain development, agricultural economics, and agricultural and rural development; and as requested, provide technical support and/or backstopping to field projects
- Contribute to the collection and dissemination of relevant data and information related to agricultural and development economics, agribusiness, food value chains and systems, including, for example, trends and developments, approaches, impacts, lessons and good practices; support global learning, exchange of information through the internet and other channels and mechanisms.
- Contribute to the organization of and/or participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, consultations and field visits as needed; contribute to building collaborations and partnerships
Requirement & Qualifications:
- Post-graduation degree in Rural Marketing / Agribusiness Management with graduation in Agriculture/ Marketing/ Business Management/Allied Fields
- Minimum 8 years of post-qualification relevant work experience in procurement / trading / warehousing/ logistics / quality certification of Agri-commodity
- 5+ years of experience in managing a team size of more than 20 in the capacity of Team Leader / Project Manager
- Preferably a Masters level qualification in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy or Business Administration
- Knowledge of the prioritized commodities preferably at the global level and state level in granularity
- Extent and relevance of experience in agricultural economics, agribusiness, food systems, value chain development, development economics, and/or digital technologies for value chain development
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and appraising business cases
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel to all project locations
- Experience in managing at least one project in providing implementation support for central/state schemes, program management and monitoring, project evaluation/appraisal and investment facilitation/mobilization
- Experience in working with State Government(s)/Private firms experience of providing project evaluation, appraisal and implementation support to state Government in similar assignments of repute in at least three long term Agriculture/Horticulture/Food Processing project.
- Experience of working extensively in establishing market linkages and in the establishment & operations of agribusiness enterprises.
- Extensive Should have handled team for execution of projects
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of regional agribusiness firms.
- Good knowledge of policy developments in the global agriculture and agribusiness industry, as well as research efforts in agriculture and agribusiness sectors
- Experience in developing or advising agribusiness projects
- Extent and relevance of experience in carrying out agricultural investment support activities, including formulation and implementation of technical assistance projects supporting