Business Development Manager - Logistics Firm (5-12 yrs)
Job Description :
One of the world's leading logistics companies. They provide end-to-end design, implementation and operational capabilities in freight forwarding, contract logistics, distribution management and transportation management.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
You will be accountable for developing and securing revenue and market share from existing customers and new business. Also, improving business development processes for specific services and products with strong sales engagements.
- Assist with responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), preparing presentations and monitoring sales leads and responses.
- Develop and implement sales plans and sales campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly management reports.
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for creating value.
- Capitalize on value creation opportunities by working closely with the sales and operations management team to develop creative workable solutions to customer needs.
- Facilitate cross-selling opportunities to increase revenue and leverage relationships in order to better penetrate the market.
- Facilitate regular meetings with clients and relevant operations staff to evaluate performance and receive updates from clients on challenges and future plans.
- Provide marketing support and knowledge within the company for all products and services.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Education and Experience :
- Minimum five years related sales experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Computer literate
Other Skills/Experience :
- Proven - business-to-business- sales experience in the transportation, logistics, or supply chain management industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the assigned countries economies.
- In-depth knowledge of products and services.
- Demonstrated sales success and knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated success in developing sales plans, analyzing profitability of prospects, and the ability to understand the competitive influences and risks associated with individual accounts.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing, motivating and developing individuals and high performance teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level executives.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.