Manager at Sigma HR Solutions
Views:314 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Business Analyst - Sailing & Marine Sector - IT (5-10 yrs)
Business Analyst from Sailing and Marine background for junior and Senior position
Job Capsule :
The ABS NS Business Analyst role is to analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle. The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. The Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring NS understanding of business requirements.
Job Duties/Roles :
1. Collaborates with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
2. Conducts interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, work flow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
3. Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
4. Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
5. Works with business users to perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
6. Assists in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
7. Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
8. Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
9. Works with business to translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
10. Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
11. Develops and conducts peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
12. Assists with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
13. Works with project managers to manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
14. Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements- verbally or through written documentation - to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (KSAR):
1. Candidate should preferably have sailing experience and demonstrated knowledge of core business process and operations.
2. Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, verification and development methodology.
3. Experience overseeing development and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products in an enterprise environment.
4. Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
5. Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
6. Should have exposure to any PMS (Planned Maintenance System) software application used onboard vessel.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work well with other
Minimum years of Experience :
- Minimum of two (2) years previous work-related experience in the aforementioned tasks excluding the sailing experience.
Required/Preferred Education Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree/PG or recognized equivalent, from an accredited university, in Engineering.
Required/Preferred Professional Requirements : None
Country Requirements - None
Reporting Relationships - Reports directly to a Manager, Business Applications.
Direct Reports - None