Business Analyst - Mortgage (7-10 yrs)
Job Summary :
- The Business Analyst plays a critical role in supporting the product development and roadmap for Source point's platform-based solutions and digital strategy.
- The person will have the opportunity to document solutions that leverages Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Analytics to automate and streamline various functions across the mortgage loan lifecycle. Core responsibilities include writing business requirement documents (BRD) and test cases, business analysis, data analysis, testing and quality assurance.
- The role entails working closely with product & strategy team, senior operations leadership, transaction services business group, and application development teams (internal & 3rd party vendors).
Essential Functions :
- Deep knowledge of the mortgage loan process with experience in originations, title/closing, post-close, and/or servicing/default process.
- Strong understanding of associated loan document types.
- Collaborate with clients, operations and/or vendors to understand business requirements, with the ability to convert requirements into effective documentation.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple cross-functional teams such as operations, application development, product management and key vendor partnerships.
- Creating and documenting business and/or technical requirements, and test cases to support application development and QA.
- Knowledge of SDLC lifecycles such as Waterfall, Agile. Working experience with Jira or equivalent system.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work :
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Flexible Schedule Options Available.
Travel - Limited travel required, may be up to 5%.
Required Education and Experience :
1. Bachelor's Degree Required.
2. A minimum of three years Business Analyst experience
3. A minimum of three years of mortgage related experience
4. Ideal candidate has experience working on projects related to mortgage loan lifecycle from loan setup through post-closing.
5. Originations, Title/Closing/Funding, Post Close, and/or Servicing/Default experience in the business analyst capacity is a big plus.
6. Knowledge of Secondary Mortgage Market is a nice to have.