Talent Acquisition Trainee at BVR People Consulting
Views:1783 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Business Analyst - IT (9-13 yrs)
Total Experience: 9-12 years (Min. 6 years of working exp. with Pharmaceutical/Life science)
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Gaining insight into the business requirements and having good knowledge of customer outcomes is essential to develop a strong business relationship with customers
2. Responsible for documenting the BRDs and suggesting technology solutions for solving Business problems
3. Assesses the needs of primary business functions and suggest technical solution for business functions and implements action plans to improve ongoing business performance to minimize day-to-day disruption of operations.
4. Sets an expectation for and reviews management and key stakeholder reports. Assesses validity of business strategy recommendations against trend data.
5. To provide focused and dedicated business-oriented IT improvements for the core projects across the individual Business
6. Work with architects to understand new technology trends and forecast future IT infrastructure requirements.
7. To create & maintain an existing services catalogue offered by the organization.
8. To formulate, agree upon and maintain an appropriate SLM structure for the organization, to include, e.g., SLA structure (e.g. Service based, Customer based or multi-level), OLAs within the organization.
9. To accommodate any existing Service Improvement Plans within the SLM process.
10. To negotiate, agree and maintain the Operational Level Agreements with the Supplier.
11. To negotiate and agree supplier any Service Level Requirements for any proposed new/developing services.
12. Coordinate with team to manage enterprise application performance and availability to the business users.
13. Understand how organizations function to meet objectives and achieve goals.
14. Define the capabilities required to provide products and services to external stakeholders to provide value to the organization.
15. Understanding of business processes and how solutions are deployed to operate business functions efficiently and effectively.
16. To analyze and review service performance against the SLAs and OLAs.
17. BRMs for dedicated centers will have additional responsibilities of Application support.
1. Ability to elicit IT requirements from business users and manage multiple priorities and expectations from cross-functional stakeholders.
2. Strong customer orientation skill for business user engagement and support.
3. Understanding of business functions to analyze and propose technical strategies for the business (CRO industry / Pharmaceutical R&D).
4. Ability to assess benefits, risks, and costs of IT initiatives.
5. Strong understanding of business value and expertise in calculating ROI (Return on Investment) for IT initiatives.
6. Describe and document critical cross-functional process flows. Applies business process re-engineering techniques and methods in analyzing process flow and accountability charts and create a business proposal for deployment of solution.
7. Hands on experience on enterprise productivity tools (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
8. Business case modelling, data analysis, financial management skills
9. Must have an experience of leading enterprise programs / large projects and teams as part of earlier roles.
10. Experience in vendor management, contract and SLA management desirable
11. Relevant certifications preferred, such as CBA / CBAP / CSBA / PMP / Prince 2.
12. Ability to prepare business process flow charts and knowledge on requirements management tools preferred (like Swim Lane Diagram).