Founder & CEO at The Hiring Story
Views:18635 Applications:1830 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:138
Business Analyst - Data Analytics - eCommerce (2-4 yrs)
As a Business Analyst you will work closely with the Functional Heads and will be the expert & go-to-person for all data and insights. This work includes, but is not limited to, pricing, route mapping [d1], demand predictions, sales forecasting etc. The individual in this role must be able to interface effectively with Stakeholders at all levels of the organization. One should have an investigative approach, logical thinking, problem handling and interpretation skills.
- Develop analytical models to assess the impact of changes to pricing and products on business profitability and scale
- Create various algorithms for optimizing demand & supply data
- Data analysis and solution building based on insights capture from data
- Responsible for giving insights to management and help in strategic planning
- Structure concise reports with insights supported by solid analytics and logical thinking
- Cross team projects and streamlining of process
- Root cause Analysis of problems and suggesting improvements to product/ops based on insights
- 2-4 years of experience in data-analytics; experience in the e-commerce industry is preferred
- Knowledge of statistical tools and techniques.
- Strong knowledge in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database.
- Advanced Excel proficiency including Pivot tables, vlookup / hlookup, graphs etc.
- Proficiency in R/Python[d2].
- Proficiency in data visualization and presentation; experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Data Driven: Sharp aptitude and excellent numerical acumen; ability to sift through large volumes of data.
- Problem solving skills: Problem solving is an important form of critical thinking. Ability to understand the problem from all the perspectives (i.e. business, technical and end-user), analyse the available options and constraints and then, recommend possible solutions
- Analytical skills: Should be able to tackle every problem analytically i.e. first understanding a problem - visualizing - analysing - gathering more information - striving to solve it
- Communication Skills: Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present and clearly explain data to non-technical audiences.
- Industry and domain expertise: Sound knowledge on various trends, relevant statistical tools and also have the ability to understand the business environment & grasp the business expectations.
- MS Office
- Statistics Modelling
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Data Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Data Driven
- Ability to work under pressure