Business Analyst - Agricultural Commodities Firm (5-10 yrs)
Industry - Export / Import
Category - IT & Systems
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - The Commodities Business Analyst will work closely with Coffee business functions and our Dynamics AX solution partners, providing functional expertise and insight to implement complex technology solutions. Candidate for this position is expected to be professional with substantial knowledge of Coffee trading business and some solution implementation experience.
Client Details :
Our Client is a global agricultural commodities merchant trading in sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. They also provide access to commodity and capital markets through financial brokerage business. Headquartered in London, they operate in 60 countries and has an annual revenue of $10bn. Each year they source, store, trade, ship and distribute tonnes of coffee, sugar and animal feed. They work closely with over 300 customers and 600 suppliers and help their counter-parties manage price risk through hedging.
- Translate the "As Is" to the "To Be" while understanding broader impact.
- Meet and exceed the businesses expectations of business knowledge and skills.
- Work closely with the AX Vendor on the design and development of functional processes delivering unique capabilities and reusable assets.
- Effectively promote the functional capabilities of Coffee Dynamics AX ERP solution within the organisation aiding further adoption throughout the business.
- Work with the team to build training materials and coach other team members and end users.
- Work with the team to ensure Centre of Excellence updates are communicated to relevant parties both formally and informally.
- In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training.
- Providing input for strategic initiative: writing the business specifications or doing proof of concepts; estimating duration /planning.
- Post go-live functional support on future implementations of business applications.
- Identify risks and mitigate or communicate as necessary.
- Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Solution Architect and Functional Lead.
- University Graduate/PostGraduate with a relevant degree within a computational discipline
- Experience of physical commodities business (minimum 5 years) as Business analyst
- Defining business process maps and working with the technical team to implement.
- Proven track record of delivering physical commodity IT projects; experience as a Front Office user is a plus.
- Strong, analytical mind, the critical thinking skills to think both tactically and strategically, and have a talent implementing effective solutions with a sense of urgency.
- The candidate should be motivated, proactive, able to think and adapt quickly, and have an affinity for working and communicating across diverse, multi-cultural groups.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
- Working knowledge of finance practices for GL, AR and AP.
- Good understanding of architectural patterns such as web, thick client and cloud.
- Experience of an ERP implementation.
- Part of a team delivering complex IT Projects.
Job Offer :
- Attractive salary commensurate with industry norms
- Opportunity to work with one of the leading organisations in the commodity trading industry
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Mohona Sahoo on +91 124 452 5457
Contact - Mohona Sahoo - +91 124 452 5457
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.