Recruitment Consultant at Peoplekonnect
Views:213 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Bullion Trader/Risk Manager - BFSI (4-7 yrs)
We are looking for a Trader and Risk Manager, to join our rapidly growing team. You will report to the Head of Finance and Operations and be responsible for managing the company's trading book. We are a technology driven firm and process more than 25,000 transactions every day. A large part of this is automated, however, you will need to complete the following activities as part of your daily responsibilities:
- Your key daily responsibility will be to set live 2-way prices for buying and selling gold across the company's various distribution channels. You will have to manage the prices within the constraints of maintaining margins, accounting for location of inventory, keeping company exposure to below pre- agreed risk limits and providing a competitive offering to the market.
- Actively monitor pricing and availability across multiple channels in the bullion market including exchanges, refiners, jewelers and banks across multiple locations and capitalize on arbitrage opportunities where possible.
- Managing day to day trading relationship with the reputed refiners, bullion banks, and bullion dealers across the industry for sourcing the bullion.
- Individually operate MCX/ NSE/ BSE online trading terminals with thorough knowledge of all MCX / NSE rules & regulations and compliance in term of sourcing of the bullion as well as managing risk through financial securities such as futures and options.
- Ensure 100% compliance with risk management standards.
- Handling supply and delivery of bullion in coordination with the logistics company.
- Assist in documentation (NDAs, purchase and sale agreements, etc.), counterparty due diligence, vendor onboarding and coordination to complete counterparty on boarding.
- Daily recording of trading transactions in the company systems, Tally ERP software, financial and inventory reconciliation whilst maintaining accurate records for audit purposes. Assisting the accounts team to resolve settlement issue with the counterparties.
- Work with internal technology and product teams to develop algorithms and automated systems to help migrate as much of the work as possible to a system driven process with minimal manual intervention.
We offer a strong growth path tailored to your interests and capabilities. Being a rapidly growing organization, there are many different growth paths available to you - some of these are described below:
- Subject to your track record, you may be given a dedicated pool of company capital to trade across various markets.
- The company is actively evaluating launching a similar business in other countries and you could grow to managing a similar function across countries.
- We- re also open to people moving cross functionally so depending on performance and capabilities, you could move to running a business vertical within the company.
The Company's objective is to help people grow their capabilities, skills and responsibilities in a manner that helps both the individual as well as the Company.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post graduate, financially oriented qualification of a CA/ MBA/ ICWA will be helpful. Any trading certification course will have an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of working experience in working on bullion trading desk.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong understanding of product & markets.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Excellent numeracy skills, communication skills, high level of accuracy within tight deadlines.