British Telecom - Team Manager - Centre Manager (5-9 yrs)
Role Code: SVTM11
Job Family : Service Discipline: Team Management
Role Title : Team Manager Typically reports to (role): Centre Manager Specialist,
Multi-functional Centre Manager
Roles that typically report to this role: Example job titles covered by this role profile: 1st Line Manager, Team Manager
Purpose Of Role :
The role holder is primarily responsible for the management of a mix of high volume straightforward products. He/she manages, leads, and motivates a team of Team Members who perform routine, clearly defined operational processes in a highly scripted high volume services environment. Key objectives are customer satisfaction, revenue collection and high quality of service.
Key Responsibilities :
- To own the customer relationship through a team of Team Members.
- To demonstrate good knowledge of BT products and processes within own product areas.
- To build and maintain internal relationships across own organisation, and where appropriate, the wider unit.
- May act as the first escalation point for customer or internal issues.
- May be involved in providing information at a local level with trade unions.
- To demonstrate awareness of BT's strategy and good knowledge of unit strategy.
- To coach Team Members on processes and procedures for own products and ensure compliance targets are met for own team.
- To meet all people related targets.
- To communicate operational plans as it applies to the team, to manage work volumes within the team and report on productivity and other measures as required.
Business Impact :
- Impact relating to customer satisfaction and performance management is short-term, but with high accountability.
Authority/Decision Making :
- Ensures delivery of an excellent customer experience in all customer contacts within team.
- Develops a plan to meet agreed targets and budgets so that team operates at minimum cost and maximum benefit.
- Acts as first level for customer escalations for own product area, and acts as a positive change agent.
- Follows standard procedures for escalations, or refers on to Centre Manager, and implements process improvements within own team.
- Follows standard processes for the majority of problem solving issues.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for managing people, resource, targets and performance of a team so that all customer satisfaction, quality of service to customer, revenue, debtor control, cost and productivity targets are achieved whilst minimising the number of complaints.
- Ideally some experience as a line manager, or significant experience as a Team Member within the organisation, or a new entrant graduate.
- Excellent coaching skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.