British Telecom - Senior Finance Analyst - Group Business Assurance (5-10 yrs)
Senior Finance Analyst (Group Business Assurance)
Line of Business: BT Group OUC:
Reports to and their Job Role - Finance Manager (Group Business Assurance)
Location : Gurgaon
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE :
- Lead Operational Analyst SME for Usage Suspense across all BT Group CFUs against all usage based products, systems and propositions.
- Drive BT India Suspense team to deliver outstanding reporting, recovery and analysis supporting our customers and stakeholders
- SQL Developer proven experience and ability to develop and code complex queries on a daily basis
- Delivery of risk assessment and analysis leading into efficient root cause analysis and strategic change programs.
- Lead role producing efficient and cost effective tactical recovery activities to ensure maximise Group revenue.
- Experience of Group Business Assurance methodologies, tools and programs such as OBI, RCM, RBCC, CI, PB, UR etc
- Drive incremental & protective usage benefits against Operational & CFU financial objectives
- Demonstrable experience of e2e Usage architecture, usage controls, RCA and resolution across BT Legacy and EE from Network, Mediation, Rating & Billing
- Experience of Telecoms industry audit requirements across Sarbanes Oxley, internal/external auditors and BABT regulations
- Leader of transformational change across usage controls & processes, delivering increases to Usage Operational control coverage.
- To ensure all usage generation and processing is timely, complete and accurate in addition to promoting stakeholder & customer confidence through robust control improvements
- Responsible for ensuring minimisation of revenue loss and production of revenue reporting to demonstrate the control effectivity, performance & usage revenue impact
- Work closely with CFUs, to implement and manage change initiatives and C2M propositions that reduce revenue leakage, measurably reduce costs and therefore increase margin
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
(THE CORE ACTIVITIES, OUTPUTS EXPECTED OF THE ROLE, REGULATORY & LEGAL REQUIREMENTS)
- SME for all Usage Error Management across BT and EE products and services
- Lead and drive Senior and Finance Professional colleagues to deliver industry leading error management analysis and recovery actions
- Proven SQL Developer experience, knowledge and ability to develop complex SQL queries and train wider BT India usage team.
- Analyse usage controls and carry out full investigations to identify true root cause from exception symptoms
- Be a proactive and agile enabler of change to drive change across BT/EE people, processes and systems to eradicate exceptions root cause
- Ensure daily monitoring, validation and reconciliation of e2e usage controls and KPIs are performed.
- Ensure evidential reporting is timely and accurate for incremental, protective and loss measures
- Liaise directly with Financial, CFU, Product Line, Network & TSO operational teams etc as required, in order to remediate the issues identified and present all the findings and give a clear understanding of volumes/values/impacts/benefits/timescales.
- Support Senior Usage Team Management & Stakeholders on conference calls, analysis or reporting and delivery of any control, coverage, process or reporting change.
- Complete usage recovery actions to efficient timescales thereby maximising revenue and minimising financial losses
- Remediate the issues identified where customer back billing may impact customer experience and involve significant costs / revenues to BT/EE
- Track control KPIs on a daily basis, reporting risks and actions to relevant support and governance teams
- Code adhoc SQL queries against Usage Senior & Stakeholder Management requirements
- Ensure error management activity is recorded accurately and timely to evidence potential financial benefits and/or losses
- Use all appropriate and available technology to provide detailed reporting eg OBI, UR, Informatica, SQL, Excel, Access
- Supply post implementation reporting and liaise with stakeholder and partner teams such as Billing and BRIL
- Work closely with Operational & Finance units, and implement and manage change initiatives that will reduce revenue leakage, measurably reduce costs and therefore increase margin. Also as a result, then aim to improve organisational efficiency and productivity
- To develop, improve, track and support revenue optimisation and efficiency of all required business process and rules that governs both internal and external adherence to guidelines outlined by the BT/EE Group
- To raise the awareness and profile of Group Business Assurance within the business by highlighting and mitigating risk around revenue and margin leakages, either directly or by supporting the relevant Core product SMEs and senior management team
- To lead on transformation, automation and efficiency improvements to existing Group Business Assurance Controls and maintenance of the relevant GBA process documentation
- To lead on the recovery programs addressing leakage identified through BAU Group Business Assurance controls, making sure there is minimal impact to customer experience
- Work independently, but share knowledge, experience and best practice with other members of the actual & virtual team.
- Provide timely escalation of any key issues/incidents to management and/or governance forums
- Stakeholder relationship management
Business Impact :
- Results focused and committed to delivering change
- Deals with competing priorities and pressures on time
- Able to think end to end across BT/EE and assess pan-BT/EE impact of change.
- Does not think or work in silos
- Challenging with deadlines
- Understands the crucial importance of comprehensive financial, policy and operational analysis and able to make efficient decisions based on analysis and how changes or non-adherence will impact financials and compliance to policy guidelines
- Dedicated and self-motivated.
- Proven track record of delivering and influencing exceptionally well to all levels (executive and peers) and results driven.
- Ability to motivate an actual & virtual team
Change Agent and Strategist :
- Ability to be visualise the bigger picture and communicate this to a wide audience (all levels) in order to influence them to make changes to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Capability to influence & drive change and improve the overall GROUP BUSINESS ASSURANCE coverage and control in the LOB
- Stakeholder management, collaboration and networking at all times to ensure GROUP BUSINESS ASSURANCE are positively viewed by stakeholders.
Daily Responsibilities :
- Delivery of strategic changes
- Code new SQL queries extracting key usage attributes identifying root cause of exceptions
- Daily operation of & monitoring of controls to ensure efficient and successful control operation
- Daily resolution of issues/incidents and tracking the result (i.e. revenue loss / under billing etc.)
- In depth analysis & investigation into suspected areas of revenue leakage
- Working & influencing other teams in order to swiftly identify root cause, risk and/or resolve issues
- Developing and implementing strategies to reconfigure/rebuild controls & processes to achieve maximum efficiency of operation.
- Daily reporting & ensuring log/tracker is updated
- Working with Senior RCA & Incident Analysts & other areas of the business to drive through resolution activities.
- Escalation of key/critical issues to senior manager & governance forums
- Business Liaison & GROUP BUSINESS ASSURANCE lead
Weekly Responsibilities :
- Contribute to the benefit and KPI reporting with the Usage Operations team and issue a unified stakeholder pack to key stakeholders
- Documentation of risks to PB, RCM, OBI etc
- Contribute to the production of weekly statistics on team activity, control performance, key issues etc.
- Identify issues to raise to higher governance layers & production of summary packs for management/governance forums
- Contribute and lead weekly team meetings to discuss recurrent issues/root causes and input into RCA tracker/lead
- Business Liaison & RA lead
Monthly Responsibilities :
- Contribute and lead on the production and reviews of monthly stakeholder presentations
- Contribute to the production of KPI and presentation pack for leadership team
- Review the submissions to Group RA risk register with new risks identified or mitigated
- Business Liaison & RA lead
Quarterly Responsibilities :
- Create and update QP docs to support the operational E2E framework.
- Update all process documentation to support the operational activities.
- Update the Group RA risk register with new risks identified or mitigated
- Business Liaison & RA lead
- UAT (as required)
- Presenting to varying forums (up to director/VP level) (as required)
- Experience of Usage architecture and process flows
- SQL Developer experience to develop and code new queries across multiple data sources
- Experience of Usage Error Management tools and systems
- Experience in Group Business Assurance usage methodology
- Demonstrable experience in documenting risks and issues across multi component systems and processes
- Highly analytical
- Experience of virtual team management
- Strong usage product knowledge
- Extremely organised and proactive - ability to effectively prioritise & manage workload
- Strong attention to detail and financial impact
- Understanding of customer experience
- Very strong risk analysis skills and ability to weigh risk vs. impact
- Commercial acumen to be able to balance risk vs. delivery
- Experience of presenting to all grades/levels
- Strong experience of designing & compiling information into clear reporting/statistics/KPI's
- Very strong networking, influence, stakeholder management & communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced level of MS Access & Excel skills that can clearly be demonstrated through practical application, which should include items such as pivot tables, advanced formulae VBA, full utilization of access objects, etc.
- Project Management experience
- Experience with billing and financial systems
- Experience with management information, financial systems
- Oracle Business Intelligence utilisation
- Finance graduate, have technical qualifications or have in-depth expertise gained through detailed financial/business experience.
- 5+ years of experience. 2+ Years of Domain experience. Preferable working experience in Group Business Assurance controls management
- Last 2 Ratings of the candidate must be AS or above
- Candidate shall be in his/her current role for at least 18 months
- MBA Finance/CA/Cost Accounting preferred.
- Desirable to have someone working on EE systems and have a good understanding of all EE related systems/operations/billings
- Prince 2
- Six Sigma trained
- VB Macro
- Some deadlines and unforeseen events may require additional hours to be worked on occasion.
a) Safety :
- To ensure the health and welfare of the job holder (and his/her team if applicable) in accordance with BT's Health & Safety policy.
b) Security :
- The job holder will be authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when they need to do so to perform their operational duties. Any other access, use or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority from the information owner.
- To ensure that the job holder (and his/her team if applicable) is made aware of the need to safeguard sensitive customer information, so that customers perceive BT to be a trustworthy organisation.
c) Ethics and compliance :
- As well as being aware of BT's business principles, The Way We Work, and the BT Undertakings Code of Practice; the job holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading, competition, data protection and anti-corruption and bribery rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise when they will need specialist support.
d) Ensure that BT's Code of conduct is fully adhered to https://intra.bt.com/bt/hr/conduct/conduct_standards/Pages/index.aspx.
e) People Manager Job Standard (where applicable).
- We have clear and consistent standards for all BT people managers. Use the information at https://intra.bt.com/bt/hr/hr_services_for_managers/Pages/your_role_as_a_people_manager.aspx and the leadership framework to see what's expected if you are a people manager.
f) To have an awareness of BT's Environmental Policy sufficiently to understand the relevant aspects of the policy in relation to your work e.g. recycling
JOB STANDARDS (THE BASIC BEHAVIOURS OF THE ROLE) :
- Reliable and organised - ability to stick to deadlines
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Team worker
Job Standards :
- Understands the business objectives and how Group Business Assurance and personal role contributes to their delivery.
- Leads the implementation of the Group Business Assurance agenda to specific business unit.
- Proactively partners with managers and other key stakeholders within the business unit, forming strong and effective relationships.
- Delivers high quality support to internal customers. Delivers in line with customer needs and suggests alternatives where appropriate.
- Recognition of cost transformation opportunities with measurable outcomes.
Behaviours Evidence to consider when looking at the contribution of the individual :
- Actively give and receive feedback on your performance in line with the Two Way Performance Deal.
- Feedback from customers/colleagues
- Active participation in121s/performance conversations, where appropriate
- Suggested areas of improvement and acknowledgement of areas of good performance, where appropriate.
- Use the correct working and booking practices as detailed in training courses, process documents and job instructions.
- Working in line with processes and procedures
- Demonstrating a commitment to get the job done
- Carrying out the role in accordance with training completed
- Ensure interactions with customers and colleagues are respectful and courteous and represent BT in a professional way
- Feedback from customers/colleagues
- Evidence of teamwork
- Willingness to support others and BT
- Safeguard BT property
- Smart appearance (including corporate clothing where appropriate) when representing BT
- Conduct yourself with pride, honesty and integrity in line with the BT Values.
- Trusted member of the team who can be relied on by colleagues and managers
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Understanding the BT values