British Telecom - Senior Buyer - L&D (5-10 yrs)
Job Description - Reward Framework
Grade : PSSC 04
Job Title : Senior Buyer
Line of Business : Group Functions
OUC : CSR
Reports to and their Job Role : Procurement Manager / Senior Procurement Manager
Location : Gurgaon, India
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE :
Purpose of Role :
A strategic sourcing role, managing spend within Group Procurement, covering category, LoB and cost transformation. The role holder is responsible for the provision of a world class procurement service that delivers competitive advantage to the BT Group.
Role holder is responsible for :
a. Global ownership & support of assigned Level 3 Procurement category, aligned to PM / SPM which entails :
- Agreed approach on buying in the category across multiple lines of business.
- Stakeholder engagement plan covering all users who spend in the category.
- Category strategy in place & agreed with stakeholders covering sourcing plans, category governance & risks.
- Pan-LoB demand management and regular benchmarking of global market data and competitor analysis.
- Plan in place to address tail of suppliers (where appropriate) & adherence to approved supplier list.
- Knowledge of key suppliers in global supply base & the risks in the category.
- Pan-LoB spend management and relationship with main influencers of spend in the category.
b. Ownership & support of LoB specific requirements falling outside of any direct category management :
- Agreed approach on buying outside of or within the relevant categories and understanding the category plans.
- Stakeholder engagement plan for the requirements, covering other LoB users as appropriate and linking back to the relevant category.
- Procurement strategy in place & agreed with stakeholders covering sourcing plans, governance, in-life management & risks.
- Knowledge of LoB market and underpinning procurement requirements.
- Knowledge of LoB key suppliers in global supply base, category plans, the risks and benchmarks.
- LoB spend management and relationship with main influencers of spend in the LoB.
- Plan in place to address LoB tail of suppliers & adherence to approved supplier list.
- Ownership & support of LoB cost transformation plans and driving through cost reduction.
c. Responsible for relationship with key stakeholders and suppliers linked to LoB, working back through category for category owned suppliers.
d. Operate effectively from remote location and contribute to overall LoB VP objectives.
e. Act as quality gate for any people assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop and maintain knowledge of specific category, region or function including market dynamics and product life cycles.
- Lead category, region or function team(s) to determine the appropriate approach to market, the optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service or element of a category.
- Work closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements, mapping these to the BT strategy and driving the "One-BT" agenda.
- Develop procurement plans appropriate to specific product and services to deliver maximum commercial advantage to BT to include selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and or service.
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services within role, including loading information onto appropriate systems.
- Manage the supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and - In Contract- supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realised.
- To take personal ownership for utilisation of contracts, ensuring order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration.
- May be responsible for managing the time phased delivery plan that brings together the - forecast- and - Inventory policies- to produce a commitment schedule to industry.
Experience / Skillsets for Role in GPOC India :
- Approx 5-10 Yrs of experience with MNC / Large Corporate in IT / ITES / Telecom industry preferred.
- Experience of working in Global roles and remote functioning desirable.
- Bachelor degree or above in English medium (Science/Commerce streams preferred)
- Master's Degree or PG Diploma in Procurement & Supply Chain or Business Management desirable
Professional Qualification :
- CIPS or equivalent qualification in Procurement & Supply chain desirable.
Personal Skills / Expertise :
- Interpersonal and people management skills
- Team work
- Managing cultural diversity
- Ethical Trading Practice
- Past experience of working with modern sourcing tools like e-Auctions, e-Negotiations, ERP etc
- Ability to work in stretched time zones
- Past experience of operating in Global environment requiring effective use of tools like audio and video conferencing
- English : Fluency in both oral and writing
- Computer and Software
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Outlook.