British Telecom - Senior Buyer - IT Services (5-10 yrs)
Senior Buyer- IT Services
Pan BT - Job Description - Reward Framework
Job Title : Senior Buyer
Reports to and their Job Role : Procurement Manager/Senior Procurement Manager
Location : Gurgaon, India
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE :
Purpose of Role :
- A strategic sourcing role, managing spend within Group Procurement, covering category, LoB and cost transformation. The role holder is responsible for the provision of a world class procurement service that delivers competitive advantage to the BT Group.
Procurement Categories where positions are currently available :
- IT Services
Role holder is responsible for :-
- Global ownership & support of assigned Level 3 Procurement category, aligned to PM / SPM which entails:-
- Agreed approach on buying in the category across multiple lines of business.
- Stakeholder engagement plan covering all users who spend in the category.
- Category strategy in place & agreed with stakeholders covering sourcing plans, category governance & risks.
- Pan-LoB demand management and regular benchmarking of global market data and competitor analysis.
- Plan in place to address tail of suppliers (where appropriate) & adherence to approved supplier list.
- Knowledge of key suppliers in global supply base & the risks in the category.
- Pan-LoB spend management and relationship with main influencers of spend in the category.
- Ownership & support of LoB specific requirements falling outside of any direct category management:
- Agreed approach on buying outside of or within the relevant categories and understanding the category plans.
- Stakeholder engagement plan for the requirements, covering other LoB users as appropriate and linking back to the relevant category.
- Procurement strategy in place & agreed with stakeholders covering sourcing plans, governance, in-life management & risks.
- Knowledge of LoB market and underpinning procurement requirements.
- Knowledge of LoB key suppliers in global supply base, category plans, the risks and benchmarks.
- LoB spend management and relationship with main influencers of spend in the LoB.
- Plan in place to address LoB tail of suppliers & adherence to approved supplier list.
- Ownership & support of LoB cost transformation plans and driving through cost reduction.
- Responsible for relationship with key stakeholders and suppliers linked to LoB, working back through category for category owned suppliers.
- Operate effectively from remote location and contribute to overall LoB VP objectives.
- Act as quality gate for any people assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
(THE CORE ACTIVITIES, OUTPUTS EXPECTED OF THE ROLE, REGULATORY & LEGAL REQUIREMENTS)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of specific category, region or function including market dynamics and product life cycles.
- Lead category, region or function team(s) to determine the appropriate approach to market, the optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service or element of a category.
- Work closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements, mapping these to the BT strategy and driving the "One-BT" agenda.
- Develop procurement plans appropriate to specific product and services to deliver maximum commercial advantage to BT to include selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and or service.
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services within role, including loading information onto appropriate systems.
- Manage the supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and - In Contract- supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realised.
- To take personal ownership for utilisation of contracts, ensuring order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration.
- May be responsible for managing the time phased delivery plan that brings together the - forecast- and - Inventory policies- to produce a commitment schedule to industry.
Experience / Skillsets for Role in GPOC India :
- Approx 5-10 Yrs of experience with MNC / Large Corporate in IT / ITES / Telecom industry preferred.
- Experience of working in Global roles and remote functioning desirable.
- Bachelor degree or above in English medium (Science/Commerce streams preferred)
- Master's Degree or PG Diploma in Procurement & Supply Chain or Business Management desirable
Professional Qualification :
- CIPS or equivalent qualification in Procurement & Supply chain desirable.
- Personal Skills / Expertise
Interpersonal and people management skills :
- Team work
- Managing cultural diversity
- Ethical Trading Practice
- Past experience of working with modern sourcing tools like e-Auctions, e-Negotiations, ERP etc
- Ability to work in stretched time zones
- Past experience of operating in Global environment requiring effective use of tools like audio and video conferencing
Language - English : Fluency in both oral and writing
Computer and Software - Fluency with Microsoft Office, Outlook.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.