Talent Acquisition Specialist at BT Global Services
Views:2003 Applications:367 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
British Telecom - Manager - Procurement (10-15 yrs)
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location Gurgaon, India
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
Purpose of Role:
It's an Operational sourcing role managing a team of 3-6 Procurement professionals directly or through extended team within Group Procurement and the role holder is responsible for the provision of a world class procurement service that delivers competitive advantage to the BT Group.
Procurement Categories where position is currently available,
BCPE (Business Customer Premise Equipment).
Global Voice, Voice business
Property & FM
PM - BCSS
PM - Software
PM - Learning & Development
Role holder is responsible for:-
- Global ownership & support of multiple Procurement categories assigned from time to time by LoB VPs.
- Drive the Team to coach and support LoB personnel in applying best practices to sourcing activities
- Provide guidance and coaching to procurement personnel when creating sourcing strategies and utilizing sourcing tools
- Assist procurement personnel during high-value sourcing decisions, including the bidding and negotiation process
- Work with other members of the Operations Leadership team to develop and implement P2P initiatives to reduce transaction costs, consolidate volume and create efficiency.
- Responsible for relationship with key stakeholders and suppliers linked to Procurement Categories owned by the LOB team operating from GPOC.
- Lead and guide the team to function effectively from remote location and contribute to overall LoB VP objectives.
- Act as quality gate for the work stack managed by the team assigned by LOB VP.
- Conduct the Performance Management of the team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Attain and maintain knowledge of specific category, region or function including market dynamics and product life cycles.
- Work closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements, mapping these to the BT strategy and driving the "One-BT" agenda.
- Manage the supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and - In Contract- supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realized.
- To take personal ownership for utilization of contracts, ensuring order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration.
- Coach and assist local procurement in sourcing activities Qualifications
- Drive the Team to work with end users, local procurement, and sourcing managers to set up localized agreements for items not covered by national agreements
- Execute Continuous Improvement projects to support Strategic Sourcing business objectives and goals.
- Implement harmonized standards across the global organization to enable efficiencies, effective controls and Company-wide spend management/reporting.
- Direct the activities of the Systems & Process staff to accomplish company/department objectives.
- Develop systems policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities
- Implement leadership reports, providing tracking on key departmental KPI's
- Maintain alignment with Sr. Procurement Leadership and the IT organization to ensure standard approach and deliverables are achieved.
- Quickly develop a knowledge of all company procurement systems, processes and critical data elements and standards
- Knowledge of Company procurement strategies for project alignment
- Conduct current state assessments to identify gaps to the standard model
- Develop and implement gap resolution / implementation plans
- Develop/Update training material as required
- Execute implementation plans to deliver quality results within defined timelines
- Work with business unit leadership to report and monitor process compliance
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the systems area
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
- Build and monitor team budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
Personal Skillsets & Experience for Role in GPOC India
Approximately 10-15 Years of experience with MNC / Large Corporate in IT / ITES / Telecom industry preferred. A very strong People Leader who has worked with large teams of people at various levels.
- Bachelor's Degree (Science /Commerce Stream)
- Master's Degree (Science/Commerce streams) or MBA holder preferred
CIPS or equivalent qualification in Procurement & Supply chain desirable.
Skills / Expertise:
- Very strong Interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent Communication skills & Managing cultural diversity
- Ethical Trading Practice & Leading with Example
- Good Thought Leadership, Eye for detail & Conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in stretched time zones
- Past experience of operating in a Global environment requiring effective use of tools like audio and video conferencing
- English: Fluency in both oral and writing
- Computer and Software
- Strong working knowledge on ERPs with modern sourcing tools like e-Auctions, e-Negotiations, ERP etc.
- Fluency with Advanced Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Visio etc.