Talent Acquisition Specialist at BT Global Services
Views:4429 Applications:486 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
British Telecom - Manager - Procurement (10-15 yrs)
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location Gurgaon, India
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
Purpose of Role:
It's an Operational sourcing role managing a team of 3-6 Procurement professionals directly or through extended team within Group Procurement and the role holder is responsible for the provision of a world class procurement service that delivers competitive advantage to the BT Group.
Procurement Categories where position is currently available,
BCPE (Business Customer Premise Equipment).
Global Voice, Voice business
Property & FM
PM - BCSS
PM - Software
PM - Learning & Development
Role holder is responsible for:-
- Global ownership & support of multiple Procurement categories assigned from time to time by LoB VPs.
- Drive the Team to coach and support LoB personnel in applying best practices to sourcing activities
- Provide guidance and coaching to procurement personnel when creating sourcing strategies and utilizing sourcing tools
- Assist procurement personnel during high-value sourcing decisions, including the bidding and negotiation process
- Work with other members of the Operations Leadership team to develop and implement P2P initiatives to reduce transaction costs, consolidate volume and create efficiency.
- Responsible for relationship with key stakeholders and suppliers linked to Procurement Categories owned by the LOB team operating from GPOC.
- Lead and guide the team to function effectively from remote location and contribute to overall LoB VP objectives.
- Act as quality gate for the work stack managed by the team assigned by LOB VP.
- Conduct the Performance Management of the team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Attain and maintain knowledge of specific category, region or function including market dynamics and product life cycles.
- Work closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements, mapping these to the BT strategy and driving the "One-BT" agenda.
- Manage the supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and - In Contract- supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realized.
- To take personal ownership for utilization of contracts, ensuring order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration.
- Coach and assist local procurement in sourcing activities Qualifications
- Drive the Team to work with end users, local procurement, and sourcing managers to set up localized agreements for items not covered by national agreements
- Execute Continuous Improvement projects to support Strategic Sourcing business objectives and goals.
- Implement harmonized standards across the global organization to enable efficiencies, effective controls and Company-wide spend management/reporting.
- Direct the activities of the Systems & Process staff to accomplish company/department objectives.
- Develop systems policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities
- Implement leadership reports, providing tracking on key departmental KPI's
- Maintain alignment with Sr. Procurement Leadership and the IT organization to ensure standard approach and deliverables are achieved.
- Quickly develop a knowledge of all company procurement systems, processes and critical data elements and standards
- Knowledge of Company procurement strategies for project alignment
- Conduct current state assessments to identify gaps to the standard model
- Develop and implement gap resolution / implementation plans
- Develop/Update training material as required
- Execute implementation plans to deliver quality results within defined timelines
- Work with business unit leadership to report and monitor process compliance
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the systems area
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
- Build and monitor team budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
Personal Skillsets & Experience for Role in GPOC India
Approximately 10-15 Years of experience with MNC / Large Corporate in IT / ITES / Telecom industry preferred. A very strong People Leader who has worked with large teams of people at various levels.
- Bachelor's Degree (Science /Commerce Stream)
- Master's Degree (Science/Commerce streams) or MBA holder preferred
CIPS or equivalent qualification in Procurement & Supply chain desirable.
Skills / Expertise:
- Very strong Interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent Communication skills & Managing cultural diversity
- Ethical Trading Practice & Leading with Example
- Good Thought Leadership, Eye for detail & Conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in stretched time zones
- Past experience of operating in a Global environment requiring effective use of tools like audio and video conferencing
- English: Fluency in both oral and writing
- Computer and Software
- Strong working knowledge on ERPs with modern sourcing tools like e-Auctions, e-Negotiations, ERP etc.
- Fluency with Advanced Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Visio etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.