Senior Manager - Recruitment at British Council
Views:2715 Applications:378 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
British Council - Business Improvement Manager - Lean/Six Sigma/Green/Black Belt Certified (10-15 yrs)
BC Examinations and English Services Pvt Ltd (BCEESIPL) is an Indian commercial entity wholly owned by the British Council, UK. Governed by a Managing Director and Board, BCEESIPL provides a range of services to BC UK in the areas of Examinations and English. In 2018/19 BCEESIPL will deliver 700,000 examinations in English Language assessment and professional qualifications in 45 cities and 70 venues across India as well as providing B2C Digital Learning courses, corporate ELT training services and two major employability skills and assessment projects with State Governments in Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. BCEESIPL employs 350 staff in 4 offices in Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
Title: Business Improvement Manager (Green/ Black Belt Six Sigma certified)
Experience: 10-15 Years
Education: Any Graduates
Industry Experience: Exams/ Education/ Service Delivery
Certifications: Six Sigma Green/ Black Belt
- The post holder will support increasing effectiveness and efficiency of operational delivery of all exam products in zone/ region (in North & east geography) through implementation and maintenance from business improvement approaches as part of the Global Business improvement strategy.
- Support the ongoing delivery of the current Exams Transformation Programme portfolio ensuring that the supply chain is efficient and effective on a global basis.
- Implementation of new products and services including support of the transition from paper based to computer- based exams
- Support the Business Improvement manager to champion for the country to enable the business to respond to future product demands.
- Review, analyse and propose improvements of exams systems to ensure that they remain fit for purpose and are designed to meet customer and stakeholder needs.
- Review, analyse data and trends to identify challenges for the business and escalate to global process leads, providing basis for continuous improvement initiatives
- To support the country implementation of Global Business Improvement strategy and initiatives from start to finish including evaluation of benefits and capability realized.
- Reviews, researches and proposes recommendations on improvements to ways of working that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Exams delivery, as well as the operational effectiveness of their internal customers.
- Contributes into the development and implementation of Global Business Improvement, corporate or regional change projects and supports the BI manager as an agent of change for the country ensuring embedding in the business and benefits realisation.
- Supports the delivery of the strategic transition from a paper-based exams business to the embedding of Computer Based Testing (CBT) processes in all delivery processes
- Support the ongoing exams transformation programme by ensuring maximum effectiveness, efficiency and co-ordination of the delivery of the Exams business
- Draws on areas of business improvement priorities for the specific zone/ region to enable the development of the Business Improvement global function
- Provides communication, documentation and trend to support on a range of market and competitor data to improve exams delivery processes and services, feeding into the global business improvement initiatives
- Supports the planning and delivery of business changes through processes and systems to the implementation in business in a more effective and efficient way
Customers & stakeholders:
- Continuously reviews, monitors and analyses customer journeys across operations at points of delivery to seek continuous improvement in service levels to both internal and external customers
- Maintains excellent relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders across the country and region, to support an enable improvements in the quality of exams delivery.
- Develops peer/personal networks within and outside the BC to enhance own knowledge and expertise
Risk & compliance:
- Supports the Head of BI to ensure Exams delivery is compliant with agreed standards and that areas identified for improvement are quickly and fully implemented
- Utilises data, trends and reporting to monitor staff compliance with the agreed corporate policies and practices relevant to their area of functional expertise.
- Investigates reasons for non-compliance and feeds these back into the Business improvement needs of the zone/ region
Commercial & resource management:
- Shows an understanding of value for money/cost effectiveness in the advice, recommendations or service support provided to the Business improvement Manager