Associate General Manager - HR at Brigade Group
Views:1562 Applications:314 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Brigade Group - Manager - Finance - Venture Capital Fund (3-4 yrs)
Manager- Finance (Venture Capital)
About our company:
Earth Fund is India's 1st Real Estate Tech and Sustainability focused Venture fund backed by an Industry leader. The fund derives its name from Mother Earth and supports early-stage ventures, which are looking to propel RE-Tech and protect the environment through strong emphasis on Sustainability. The fund has been backed by Brigade group, one the largest listed property development groups from India, with a market cap over $1.8B and a legacy spanning over four decades.
About the role:
We are looking to hire a manager for leading finance function in an early-stage Venture Capital fund. This is a full-time role based out of our Bangalore office, India, the role will report directly to the Partner of the fund. The role allows one to be part of the core team in an early-stage Venture Capital fund and will provide a significant amount of hands-on exposure to the world of start-ups, along with an opportunity to work with one of the most experienced investment and operations teams in the industry.
Manager (Finance) will be responsible for:
Investment and portfolio management
- Drive deal closure- Shareholder Agreement (SHA) with new portfolio companies. Drive due diligence process, managing relevant tax and legal service providers, for efficient and quick transaction closure
- Helping portfolio companies' founder/CEOs and CFOs/heads of finance with strategic advice and finance best practices, constructing teams, compliance matters
- Owning exit management of portfolio companies for either M&A, Secondary Sales or IPO
- Lead the strategic aspects of fund portfolio management and governance
- Understand compliance requirements currently in place and likely to emerge in the future. Advise partners on impact of new and upcoming regulations as relates to fund structures
- Drive the fund accounting, valuation, year-end financial statements, management of the audit, tax and reviewing other fund related reports.
- Fund level dashboards and models, LP reporting (quarterly and annual)
- Review and oversee all capital calls, capital account statements, management fee calculations.
- Identify and develop relationships with relevant service providers for fund management.
- Be a thought leader and cultivate relationships with other private equity funds to identify and incorporate best practices for fund management and portfolio management
- Preferably 3-4 years track record of progressive career development in corporate accounting and finance
- Strong understanding of Tax jurisdictions, compliance requirements, deal structures specifically as pertains to liquidation events for portfolio companies and fund
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Understanding of venture capital processes is highly desirable
- Have an ability to cultivate a strong network of best-in-class business partners of 3rd party firms including Legal, Finance, Diligence.
- Leadership skills to influence and mentor start-up founders by influence not just by authority.
- Experience in regular reporting requirements and financial modeling.
- Excellent analytical and communication skill