Director at ADNE Group
Views:1430 Applications:383 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:257
Brand Manager - FMCG (10-15 yrs)
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Brand Planning:
- Prepare brand architecture (target markets/ group, products, launch and phase out support);
- Conduct competition analysis for market practices in supporting brand (promotions/ activations);
- Plan for brand initiatives based on growth prospects and gaps in current portfolio;
- Share plan with Media/ MR team and seek inputs on related activities/ cost/ calendar;
- Conduct overall analysis on marketing spends for the brand in order to ensure achievement of brand market share and health index.
2. Brand Communication, Development and Execution:
- Provide briefs to agency based on brand architecture (consumer/ product attributes, differentiation, competition etc.);
- Review concept/routes options prepared by agency;
- Coordinate for research of identified route options;
- Analyze feedback and shortlist route;
- Review scripts prepared by agency;
- Conduct script/animations research;
- Analyze feedback;
- Select production house for ad creation;
- Participate in pre-production meetings to provide insights;
- Monitor and review ad production;
- Monitor effectiveness of brand communicate post deployment in order to ensure effective brand awareness and recall.
3. Portfolio Planning:
- Conduct industry analysis on products, competition players, growth segments, emerging segments etc.;
- Identify gaps and wide spaces in current portfolio;
- Plan for introduction of new products in portfolio/initiatives for products in current portfolio in order to ensure portfolio meets the requirements of market/customers.
4. Packaging Development:
- Prepare packaging brief with inputs on target group, market, competition, differentiation etc. to develop superior packaging structures in design.
- Pack test with consumers on likability and purchase intent. Projects to adhere to benchmark costs.
5. Trade Promotion:
- Coordination with trade promotion vertical for brand schemes.
6. Brand Plan Review:
- Monitor and review progress of brand against defined plan (using Research Agency data, Brand track etc.);
- Analyze competition performance;
- Discuss findings with TM&D sales and identify actions/initiatives for market, manufacturing and product development in order to ensure performance of brand as per plan.
7. Consumer Promotion:
- Monitor and review implementation in order to create effective pull for products by the consumer in the market.
8. Market Research Conceptualization, Execution & Findings Implementation:
- Analyze data and identify key trends/correlations from the MR report prepared by agency;
- Identify key action points and share with relevant functions (PD/ Packaging etc.);
- Share findings with marketing head and finalize initiatives to be taken up for alignment of initiatives with consumer/ market requirements.
9. Media Implementation:
- Discuss brief with media team/agency and explain script; In cases interact with media partners and review media innovation if any;
- Evaluate initiatives with Media Team performance and identify reason for success/failure in order to ensure effective brand awareness and recall.
10. New Product/Product Extension Planning, Development and Launch:
- Innovate for the brand presence on digital platforms. Manage brand handles on social media apps & co-create campaign calendar with performance marketing team.
External: Creative agency; Packaging agency; Activation agency; Media agency; Research agency
Internal: Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, Procurement, Research, Product Development, Quality, R&D, Legal, TM, Sales & Logistics team