Senior Recruitment Consultant at The Boston Consulting Group
Views:2857 Applications:700 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:71
Boston Consulting Group - Senior Manager - Global HR Operations (10-16 yrs)
WHAT YOU- LL DO
This is a new role within BCG's Global HR Operations organization which is responsible for end-to-end management of BCG's global contingent workers (CW) including implementing policy, process, operations and providing a positive user experience. You will be responsible for developing strategies and controls to ensure regulatory and policy compliance, IP protection and risk mitigation for contingent workforce including related vendors. You will closely work with a wide range of stakeholders and senior leaders in HR, Legal, Risk and Finance to develop and implement an integrated CW strategy and operations approach
- Lead the overall day to day operations of the Contingent Worker Program Office
- Manage BCG's global contingent workers strategy and support execution, working with business partners, to cover temporary employees, independent contractors, outsourcing and third party service delivery
- Coordinate process implementation and monitor performance against compliance (including procurement, contract and legal), business goals and risk elements
- Provide support for line managers with respect to CW guidelines, policies and procedures including training and linking to right legal POCs
- Create and lead periodic CW/supplier business reviews. Drive performance issues to a complete resolution
- Identify and manage areas of risk - working with cross functional BCG colleagues
- Focus on risk, legal and compliance oversight across all parts of BCG for contingent workforce contracting, management and payment.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on options, compliance and risks related to engaging contingent workers
- Own and execute a CW controls framework in partnership with HR/Legal/Risk and regional compliance teams. Understand implications on facilities, security, IT and other teams to ensure robust and secure infrastructure of facilities and BCG systems
- Coordinate and support audits related to CW onboarding lifecycle, alignment to contract and various regulatory driven standards.
- Serve as a liaison between legal, risk and other functions, to craft the most appropriate solution to mitigate CW risk
- Assess performance and drive continuous process and performance improvement
- Conduct analysis of qualitative and quantitative characteristics and performance against targets. As needed, assess suppliers' capabilities, operational objectives, risk profile, and financial positioning
- Identify ways to enhance activities and outcomes for major BCG CW users (offices, functions, ABMs)
- Constantly assess activities to identify areas of improvement and automation leading to elimination or redistribution of administrative tasks
- Support compliance to contracting and/or preferred-supplier requirements
- Partner with business and functional leaders to effectively manage contingent workers
- Ensure contingent workers policies and processes are effective and understood by businesses, HR, hiring managers and other key stakeholders.
- Develop trusted relationships with key functional and stakeholders; work with stakeholders to deliver activities with a focus on continuous improvement
- Liaise with Finance, AP, Legal, HR, Business Units, and other groups as needed
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Developing and implementing global processes which balance efficiency and business needs with risk and compliance
- Being a driver of change with practical orientation; flexible within future state vision
- Working with senior business leaders in a cross-cultural, international business context
- Developing relationships with various functions at all levels of matrixed organization
- Bringing a hands-on approach when solving problems
- Establishing strong domain expertise, exercising initiative and judgment across multiple work streams and processes - able to stand your ground
- Working under pressure within a continually changing environment.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Minimum of 10 years of applicable experience in HR operations, program management or business process function, with experience facilitating change and driving process performance and compliance
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or other related field is required; MBA and/or PHR/SPHR/CCWP Certified preferred
- Experience in HR compliance, HR risk management, or contingent/extended workforce management preferred
- Superior excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with digital collaborations tools including Slack, Trello and Egnyte
- Experience at BCG, professional services or other complex matrix global organisation.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; strong written and oral communications
- High learning agility and dealing with ambiguity
- Virtual work with international teams, some travel to support specific work efforts.
- Experience in employment legal and policy compliance.
- Experience in advising or supporting multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience in global employment law compliance.
- Understanding of co-employment risk between large multinational companies and a contingent/vendor workforce.
- High levels of empathy and understanding as well as a good degree of personal authority and professionalism.
YOU WILL WORK WITH
Global HR and functional HR business partners; office, system and regional business leaders; alternate businesses; Legal, Risk, Security, Procurement and Finance functions; vendors and contingent workers