Bonito Designs - Head - Quality (8-15 yrs)
The job description:
Companies come and go, but Bonito's dedication to quality has allowed us to become a leader in our industry. We- re seeking an experienced quality assurance specialist to build upon this reputation with an unwavering commitment to meticulous production. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety. You will be charged with developing a complete QA program that not only safeguards the quality of our products, but also fosters a - quality culture,- in which all employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product.
The goal: Bringing down cost incurred due to mistakes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Devise and establish a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety.
- Work with operational stakeholders to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating teams.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports.
- Review existing processes and policies and make changes for improvements and implement the same on the quality controlled areas.
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Liaise with other managers and staff and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
- Assess the effectiveness of changes made.
- Train and manage a team of quality control technicians.
- Assess training needs across the organisation based on the data report and ensure company wide compliance.
What to expect:
- We are in the startup phase so there's a need for setting up the quality team from the ground up.
- The effort is valued at implementation and results here, as this department being a new one a lot of time needs to be spent at the development stage, irrespective of the working hours to build this department to provide the expected OKR.
- There might arise a need for travel/relocation based on the expansion plan of the organisation.
- We are a non linear approached organisation and we look to take technology as a solution to build most of our solutions, So any solution that you build has to be tech centric.
- Skills that's a must.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Persistence and the ability to influence others.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- A strategic approach to work.
- The ability to facilitate change.
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis.
- Attention to detail.
- An understanding and appreciation of other people's work disciplines, such as engineering and science.
- This role includes the following but not limited too.
- Change management.
- Communication with stakeholders.
- Management systems.
- Problem solving.
- Process improvement.
- Quality planning.
- Risk management.