Bonito Designs - Head - Human Resources (12-15 yrs)
The Last Samurai
Alias: Head HR
- You are a monk turned warrior. You resolve to keep the community of Bonito thriving by ensuring highest levels of commitment displayed by every single member of the community by means of the work they do and the words they choose to speak. Every member of the community finds solace in reaching out to you; and reachable you are. You do not discriminate between the general and the foot soldier; yet; you are aware of the necessity of the social structure that keeps everyone at the place they resonate best with and its fruits that become evident at the collective level.
- Conversations, interactions, speeches and coaching are the way your day begins. You aren- t intimidated by naysayers, pessimists and conflict makers. You cut through the hard decisions first thing in the morning; and you keep enough time to share a laughter along with a jolly drink with your comrade at the end of long day's work.
- You understand, empathise with the door keeper and the king likewise and are able to counsel accordingly and even get them to work together. And when the time demands, you are able to look past the emotional attachments with the comrades to think best of the community as a whole and act from there; no matter if it is about smelling roses; or getting into the battle with the katana held high.
- We are the design evangelists aiming to be the idol of interior design in the country; to start with, we are on a mission to achieve our big audacious goals within a short time frame in pursuit of finding the dreamers who are looking to fly with us long and strong.
- A camaraderie of misfits who fight to pull the wheels of innovation ahead with love and compassion in what we do. We eat challenges for breakfast and solutions as dinner and fights are our midday meals. We question our way out to find the light and seeing a happy customer satisfies us the most, as our purpose is to change the way interior design is looked and the way life is lived.
Happy Homes: 1500 and counting.
- If a home had an ambition, it would be Bonito-
Bonito Designs was started in 2012, and has built a very strong brand in the interior design space, reflected in the popularity of its YouTube channel, which is the third largest in the category globally (450k+ subscribers, 70m+ lifetime views). We have built a very strong leadership team with an exceptional design head with a strong international experience and great talent across Marketing, Sales & Supply Chain, leading a team of over 240 people. Bonito has been funded by Tomorrow Capital - an early stage strategic investment fund.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support Bonito's mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits
- Drive efficient and effective implementation of overall HR processes and yearly activities. Coach and support managers in the business unit for people related topics (e.g. performance management & development, team development, support in change management)
- Be an ambassador for the Bonito's culture and values and enjoy working in a vibrant and changing multi-dimensional environment
- Implement long-term plans, set budgets and goals. And attract, grow, deploy, reward and support employees & leaders and their careers in Bonito
- Need to be passionate about people and be aware of the difference which leadership and competence management can make to the bottom line results - on strategic, tactical and operational level
- Need to focus on how to systematically create, capture, share, manage and utilise knowledge within Bonito and between employees
- To have a knack of reading data in all possible ways and inferring insights to drive people towards a high performance culture
- To have a general leadership ability and effectiveness in leading a teams with the capacity to handle multiple priorities, initiatives, interfaces and tasks and apply business knowledge and leverage best practices to achieve organisational goals and objectives
Leadership and Management Competencies :
This role requires the delivery of the following personality skills
- Drives for Results
Achieves meaningful business results for the company by focusing and guiding others. Creates energy and enthusiasm for achieving desired results.
- Accelerates Decision Making and Execution
Demonstrates a sense of agility and focus in making decisions, executing plans, and taking actions. Prioritizes work based on what is highest value for the business and customers.
- Deploys Diverse Talent
Realizes the right person in the right place. Ensures organization capability aligns to business demands.
- Connects among team,customer and the industry openly
Actively connects among team,customer and industry openly in order to create new value for the company and customers.
- Changes Mindset of Team members:
Operates as "One" by breaking down silos. Agile. Takes risks rapidly and courageously and learn from mistakes. Delivers results despite uncertainties in the marketplace. Makes changes in organization, process and procedure and translates into day to day activities.
- Coaches and develops people
Provides coaching, feedback, instruction, and development support to help others excel in their job responsibilities. Develops individual skills and abilities of employees.
- Inspires People with Vision
Articulates clear and consistent messages to employees so that they can understand and be excited by the company's vision, and their role in achieving it. Motivates individuals to achieve higher levels of performance that is aligned with the company vision, values and strategy.