boAt - Assistant Manager - Legal & Compliance (3-6 yrs)
- Draft, vet and/or negotiate basic agreements including but not limited to NDAs, supply chain agreements, customer agreements, Lease Deeds, Memorandum of Understanding, Legal notices & Reply to the Notices, replying to Show Cause Notices, Partnership Deeds, Indemnity Bonds, Power of Attorney, Leave & License Agreements Affidavits, Agency agreements, settlement agreements, Non-Disclosure agreements, Confidentiality agreements, Service Agreements, etc.
- Vetting of basic bank loan documentation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate implementation of compliance requirements at all levels/process of the organization and to direct compliance issues to respective functions for resolution.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory requirements and regulations prescribed under POSH, Legal Metrology Act and all other applicable laws/policies.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments or other matters affecting the business activities, systems and controls and communicate changes to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and oversee implementation thereof.
- Representing the company in courts, forums, etc if and when deemed fit by the management or HOD.
- Compliance clearance for new product / new business line / new licenses.
- Strong knowledge of contract laws, companies act, BIS Act, legal metrology Act, make in India policy of GOI, PLI schemes etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with all levels and to keep relevant stakeholders regularly and timely updated.
- Possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of the legal team.
- Able to quickly gain a rapport and working relationship with business personnel.
- Able to communicate clearly and work effectively and cooperatively with colleagues from different functions, different offices, different regions, and at every level of the company's organization.
- Excellent judgment and initiative in developing creative and effective solutions, using a business-oriented approach.
- Proficient in setting priorities and managing expectations with respect to deliverable and deadlines.
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- 3-4 years of post qualification experience, preferably in LISTED product based organisations
- Graduate / Post-Graduate in Law from a reputed institute with a good academic record.
An Indian consumer electronics startup, we are one of the fastest growing startups. In just 5 years, we've revolutionized the way you listen to music & transformed the way you track your fitness goals.
In addition to solidifying our position in the Indian market as the No. 1 player, boAt has also emerged as the fifth largest wearable brand globally.
We're super passionate about the impact that we are making in people's lives. We are looking for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
Apply with your resume and we'll get the ball rolling!