Manager - Human Resources at Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters
Views:535 Applications:160 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters - Head - Production (4-7 yrs)
Exp : 4 - 7 Years
We are looking for a talented individual to oversee our production facilities across Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. We process hundreds of orders a day from each of these locations and the core responsibilities will be to develop and improve upon systems to drive accuracy, speed, cost and efficiency of all aspects of the process from the packaging through the delivery to the customer, for both our existing and new product lines.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Operations Management and Improvement :
- Monitor, develop and improve production SOPs to ensure efficiency and accuracy, while reducing the time it takes for customers to receive their orders.
- Ensure safety and hygiene standards are maintained and improved upon.
- Analyze and optimize shift, staffing and production lines to ensure accuracy while accommodating growth.
- Set up and oversee new product production facilities.
- Work with technology team to implement solutions to improve performance.
- Ensure successful rollout, gather feedback from team members and help drive.
- Conduct weekly meeting with the customer support team to troubleshoot issues, develop and execute process improvements to ensure issues are addressed.
- Create, monitor and analyse key roastery metrics.
- Lead coordination with the project, maintenance and SCM teams for managing and maintaining different production centres across India.
Delivery Management and Optimization :
- Optimize per unit delivery cost by balancing load between courier partners and rate negotiation.
- Create systems for proactive management of delivery to customers and develop processes and solutions for reduce delivery times.
- Define packaging guidelines and develop packaging solutions to improve customer experience and improve cost.
Inventory and Cost Management:
- Manage cost optimization in terms of inter-roastery transfer and one-time transfer.
- In coordination with SCM team, forecast and plan inventory for packaging materials and traded items to limit stockouts and improve fulfilment times.
- Optimise daily consumables in production lines and identify capex solutions to improve efficiency.
Team management and handling:
- Manage operations managers at all three locations and oversee the entire 30 member production team.
- Conducting routine meeting with the team and crafting growth plan for individual team members in the production across cities.
- Weekly meeting with your reporting managers to update about last week progress and setting up the base for next week.
- Direct experience implementing process improvement methodologies (Kaizen, Six Sigma, etc).
- 2+years experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent analytical thinking and project management skills.
- B.Tech or MBA in Production/operations management.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group.
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India's largest specialty-focused coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi and Mumbai and a growing network of cafes. All of our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country, and traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting, brewing the best beans India has to offer.