HR at Blucognition Private Limited
Views:2037 Applications:259 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:254
bluCognition - Senior Analyst/Analyst - Commercial Underwriting (5-8 yrs)
bluCognition is an AI/ML based start-up specializing in developing data products leveraging alternative data sources and providing servicing support to our clients in financial services sector. Founded in 2017, by some very named senior professionals from the financial services industry, the company is headquartered in the US, with the delivery centre based in Pune.
We build all our solutions while leveraging the latest technology stack in AI, ML and NLP combined with decades of experience in risk management at some of the largest financial services firms in the world. Our clients are some of the biggest and the most progressive names in the financial services industry.
We are entering a significant growth phase and are looking for individuals with entrepreneurial mindset who wants us to join in this exciting journey.
You will work as Credit Underwriter on the merchant acquiring portfolio of a US based client, who is an industry leader and one of the most valued fintech globally.
1. The customers of the client (acquirer) are businesses that accept credit cards (merchants), and you will be required to conducting financial review of the high-risk accounts.
2. Analyze financial and bank statements to assess credit worthiness.
3. Ability to perform financial assessments (growth trends, efficiency ratios, cash flow generation, burn rate, debt levels, overall liquidity), interpreting financial performance, competition comparison, and assessing credit exposure.
4. Identify trends and validates potential larger impact to portfolio for further escalation.
5. Research the company information on the internet and gather all relevant information for the purpose of underwriting.
6. Evaluate the risk of default of the customers and work with the senior underwriters based in the USA to mitigate the risk.
7. Monitor and investigate merchants' credit card processing activities using internal and external Risk monitoring tools .
8. Write a credit memo based on your analysis and provide a recommendation on the risk and mitigation measures.
1. Minimum 5 Years, of 2 Years related to merchant underwriting and/or commercial lending
2. Expertise in reviewing audited and unaudited financial documents of companies of different sizes (small, medium, and large listed and unlisted corporations).
3. Solid understanding of 'off balance sheet items' and how they should be treated to evaluate the credit risk of the customers.
Qualification & Skills:
1. Bachelors or Masters qualification in related field like accounting, economics, business management, statistics, etc.
2. Proficient in MS Office.
3. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
4. Good communication skill, with proficiency in English and to be able to communicate with the US based client directly.
5. Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.