Bizongo - Category Head (8-10 yrs)
Job Description :
Role : Category Head
Location : Mumbai
Reporting to : Director, Partner Growth & Packaging Development
Team size : Currently 15-20, estimated to grow manifold in future.
Bizongo, signifying ''Business on the go'' is a one-stop platform addressing all packaging requirements in the B2B space. It was established in 2015 with a vision to enable businesses to build a better, connected and sustainable world for future generations. Our mission is to use technology to help businesses produce and source - reliable, responsible, sustainable and smart packaging everywhere. Reinforcing the company's leadership as India's largest one-stop packaging platform, we recently announced the launch of our new brand identity - ''Everything Packaging''. This represents our value proposition that encompasses everything from design and development to procurement thus unifying the complete packaging experience on a single digital platform. In our journey towards achieving the vision & mission, our core values come first: Collaboration, Upscaling, Leadership & Transparency
The Category Head role within Bizongo is uniquely positioned to focus upon team and category management to ensure Bizongo remains the best option for organizations for ''everything packaging''. A key deliverable from the role would be to strategically expand the product portfolio and build an ecosystem of partner vendors who are more equipped and enabled with technology. Other deliverables would be partner association, cost/ margin management, timely supplies, and quality assurance.
Key responsibilities would be to :
- Lead market research for the category - demand, supply, pricing, competitive landscape, potential innovations, future outlook & opportunities in B2B
- Research and understand the supplier network and get right partners on-boarded, basis identified opportunities and demand patterns
- Build a sold product portfolio mix fully covering the category and showcase the same on bizongo.com in a comprehensive manner
- Position Bizongo as the best option in ''everything packaging'' through best in class category management practices - collaborate internally to build interactive mediums through which potential clients can engage with Bizongo
- Build the strategy and formulate the process for effective branding/ marketing of product categories through online and offline channels
- Drive category leadership & saliency of brand Bizongo with potential partners to maximize wallet share
- Lead Bizongo to strategic alliances with key partners as required to drive win-win relationship in the long run.
- Proactively identify partner-led innovations and bring them to Bizongo platform for development and execution
- Identify parameters and device methods to continuously improvise upon partner management practices in the
context of a fast-paced technology environment
- Lead the adoption of Bizongo's technology suite at partner's end to drive operations visibility, quick and transparent engagement
- Implement quantifiable methods to allocate the share of business across partners, clients and material sub-categories
- Bring in best-in-class procurement practices, price discovery mechanisms & project management
- Develop a pipeline of cost savings projects to achieve targeted gross margins
- Conduct regular business reviews and maintain positive account health (on-time delivery, quality, Net Promoter Score) at the desired level
- Identify ways to improve Working Capital - Credit period enhancement, bill discounting and inventory management
- Implement & review partner contracts to capture key aspects of the relationship, terms & conditions
- Lead annual budgeting process for the category
- Continuously hire, build, manage & nurture a large team contributing to different roles across multiple locations - coaching, mentoring & people development
- Keeping in sync with the importance of the role, it has been positioned strategically within the organization at a senior level.
Broad requirements for the role are :
- Good leadership skills with structured thinking, having previous experience in managing teams: Passion and potential to lead large teams with alignment to common vision, engagement & motivation
- Fast learning, networking and researching skills, high energy levels, ability to meet defined targets, a sound understanding of business principles
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- MBA in Marketing Management from premier B-schools with 8-10 years of experience in FMCG / Consumer Durables/e-commerce industries
- Preferably experienced in brand management, customer marketing, sales/ business development strategy, consulting or e-commerce category management
- Exposure to cross-functional team leadership, P&L management, procurement or e-commerce vendor/partner management would be added advantages
- Through the Category Head role, you have the opportunity to work with India's leading B2B venture, and to be part of a dynamic start-up with some of the most enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people in a fast-paced and electrifying environment.
- Being a company that is expanding itself every day and working towards exploring newer avenues in the market, every employee grows with the company.
- The position provides a chance to build on existing talents, learn new skills and gain valuable experience in the field of e-commerce.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.