Birlasoft - Manager - Immigration (10-15 yrs)
Immigration Specialist has a solid understanding of mobility requirements across the globe. Processing all kinds of Visas like Work Permits, dependent and Transit visas for different countries. Strong working experience on Templates for H, L1 and Blanket applications. Responsible for all visa applications / immigration / Salary / Onsite briefing/ Visa briefing. Good understanding of immigration laws and norms. Has up to date knowledge on immigration /visa processes for all countries.
Co-ordinates with Consulates and travel agents/service provider for visa related updates serves as an escalation point to resolve issues and provide process improvements. Provides periodic updates to the management team with market best practices and any changes in immigration laws. Managing the relationship with the external provider as well as the immigration teams in other countries. Providing direction regarding immigration processes. Monthly / Yearly Analysis for Visa, Generating reports. Reports on visa availability/utility etc. Good communication skills and Team management.
1. Collaborate with all regions to design global Immigration standards, service level agreements, processes, and policies that are cost-effective, compliant, and practical.
2. Create and drive tight feedback loops, such as monthly/quarterly operational reviews and forecasts with stakeholders.
3. Address service concerns, handle escalation from relocation/immigration providers, and identify process improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
4. Coordinate, track and manage all immigration and relocation cases throughout the end-to-end process.
5. Develop effective communications to the organization regarding global mobility practices.
6. Serve as the primary point of contact and trusted advisor for HR and for employees and family members on all immigration and relocation questions, requests, and issues.
7. Delivers high-quality and culturally competent customer service to employees, family members, and various internal partners.
8. Conduct detailed cost analysis. Monitor and implement best practices to ensure processes and policies meet current needs, adhere to legal/regulatory requirements, and are operationally efficient.
9. Manage a team or part thereof to drive seamless operations and compliance of Immigration function.
10. Task allocation to resources and tracking monitoring and reporting to management team.
11. Process evaluation and periodic review for improvement of processes.
12. Proactive steps to avoid escalations and handling all escalations.
13. Tracking service levels (SLA) and constantly ensuring we are within SLA.
14. Help and Streamline function and visa processes for all GEO's
1. Bachelor's degree/PG or Degree in Law preferred or related field.
2. 10 - 15 years of relevant experience in Immigration area, specifically experience in US GEOs,
3. Demonstrated project and team leadership working with internal and external partners to develop and execute projects plans, meet deadlines, and drive accountability for successful outcomes.
4. Ability to synthesize and successfully communicate complex information to employees and vendors across cultures, regions, and time zones.
5. Ability to coordinate complex cases and prioritize and manage complex issues in a fast-paced environment
6. Exceptional organizational and planning skills, decision-making skills, and attention to detail.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.