DGM - HR at B9 Beverages Pvt Ltd.
Views:762 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Bira 91 - Senior Manager - Legal (5-9 yrs)
This individual will work on a broad mix of transactions, including M&A, joint ventures, and fund raisings. Most of the work will have an international dimension and will range from large scale, complex cross border transactions to smaller deals which provide greater leadership responsibility. The role will assume the following key responsibilities:
- Working on M&A transactions, with responsibility for progressing key legal workstreams, including being responsible for liaising with key stakeholders such as investors, Company Secretarial, Legal HR, Finance, Treasury, HR, Property and Insurance, as well as external stakeholders such as external counsel, accountants, corporate financiers, investment banking and corporate broking.
- Supporting on full scale worldwide or pan-regional acquisitions and divestments of existing businesses, new ventures and a variety of joint ventures and providing co-ordination and support on global transactions
- Front-line management of deals, including drafting and negotiating the key transactional documents, control of due diligence, advising on anti-trust issues, disclosure exercises and closings, managing projects to a budget, and taking responsibility for client satisfaction
- Assisting with general corporate advisory work/training and other activities to keep in touch with internal clients and continue building relationships
- Work with other senior lawyers to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach to legal issues and that efficiencies and synergies are harnessed across the Group
- Supporting on Group led restructurings and re-financings.
- Supporting on ad-hoc commercial work (e.g. outsourcing agreements, licensing arrangements, IT contracts)
- working with members of the Team to audit, update and modify standard template contracts as and when needed
The ideal applicant will preferably need to demonstrate the following skills, abilities and qualifications:
- A qualified lawyer with approximately 5-8 years post qualification experience excellent academics and strong corporate transaction experience gained in a top law firm. Secondment or in-house experience will be considered favorably
- Cross border M&A experience is essential
- Direct experience of transactions is essential. In this respect, knowledge of listing rules would be advantageous
- Must be able to work and lead autonomously on deals with minimal supervision and have credible experience of doing so. Be comfortable with negotiating commercial and non-legal issues (including price adjustment mechanisms e.g. working capital adjustments, earn outs) as well as purely legal corporate issues
- Excellent commercial judgment enabling consideration of legal requests in a commercial, constructive and business-sympathetic way, balancing business needs with legal risk
- A confident, dynamic and personable individual who is able to influence senior executives and stakeholders with ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation and build strong internal and external relationships
- Collaborative, growth mindset team player who is able to get their - hands dirty- and assist with a variety of tasks
- The ability to present clearly and effectively, especially to distil complex technical concepts into business terms