Biocon - Assistant General Manager - Program Management - Medical Devices (10-15 yrs)
The incumbent will lead the Medical Devices group that develops drug delivery systems for the complex generics and 505B(2) portfolio. The scope of the role includes development of drug delivery strategies for the product portfolio, technology selection, feasibility testing, and development of drug delivery systems for clinical testing, right up to ensuring commercial success of the products. Accountabilities include the development of a diverse group of technologies that are essential to meet the organizational strategic goals in precision medicine. The incumbent must attract top talent, build technical capabilities and scientific leadership, and shape the direction of the group. This position requires significant interaction with Senior Leadership team. This individual must be able to effectively lead in a matrix environment.
- Lead scientific and technical development of drug delivery systems from concept to clinical testing, and ultimately to commercialization.
- Drive the assessment, selection, prioritization and development of new technologies that meet the needs of R&D portfolio and therapeutic area strategies that are aligned with company business needs.
- Provide scientific assessments of new technologies and make investment decisions in collaboration with key stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Create, influence and guide CMC development strategies and plans
- Provide guidance and review regulatory documentation.
- Stay abreast of and evaluate technology trends and maintain a strong network with external drug delivery companies.
BTech/Mtech/Ph.D. in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Biomedical engineering/ Material sciences with 10+ years of experience in development of drug delivery systems for complex generics
- Candidate must have a strong background in biopharmaceuticals and a variety of drug delivery technologies
- Candidate must be an established industry leader in drug delivery systems with a strong external presence, which includes patents and/or scientific publications, active participation and presentation at conferences, and a strong industry network.
- Must have working knowledge of drug delivery technology uses/benefits, development challenges and risks, specifically with application to biopharmaceuticals
- Must have experience leading external activities and collaborations with partners
- Demonstrated ability to lead / influence cross-functionally and at a senior level within the organization, including direct experience working with senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead professional staff and work in a collaborative team environment across multiple technical functions
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Flexibility and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Must be innovative and drive new ideas, but also have pragmatic approach to technology selection and development.