Country Head at Milvik Bangladesh
Views:200 Applications:26 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
BIMA - Country Finance Manager (7-10 yrs)
THE ROLE :
We are looking for a Finance Manager to take overall responsibility of the Finance function in Bangladesh. The right candidate has an extensive experience of accounting and tax rules in Bangladesh and is driven as much by the delivery of robust financial reporting as by the willingness to add value and support the Country Manager in business decisions.
The Finance Manager is part of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to Country Manager and supervised by the Regional Finance Manager.
The right candidate will get a great opportunity to enter a young and growing organization in the insuretech and telemedicine industry. Work streams are varied, from payroll processing to procurement, financial reporting, tax compliance, stakeholder management and cost control. The Finance Manager must have a high level of professionalism, curiosity and integrity and be comfortable as the no.1 go-to person for all things finance and compliance related. The Finance Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the organization.
A can-do attitude, positive mindset and team player mentality will help you excel in this position. But as with any finance job, a structured way of working as well as strong attention to details will also be required.
Heading a team of finance professionals, the applicant must have excellent leadership skills and be a team player who will collaborate with other key members of the BIMA Management team at Local and Global level.
THE RESPONSIBILITES :
General Ledger Integrity:
- Ownership of all independent systems, processes (and people) that underpin the data in the Company's General Ledgers to include Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Banking, and ensure the integrity of account balances in our nominated Accounting ERP is robust every time, every day.
- Build and maintain a working, cyclical (monthly, quarterly or half-yearly as appropriate) framework to enable close-down of ledgers and report financial performance accurately in the format prescribed by the Centre consistently and within mandated time scales.
- Become the go-to person for all finance matters and be able to comfortably articulate business performance by insightful written and verbal commentary together with the financials as appropriate.
Statutory Reporting & Compliance:
- Stewardship of the annual statutory reporting process for both the standalone entity and contribute to the Group effort; ensuring balances comprehensively capture all transactions, are compliant with all relevant accounting standards and the annual audit and production of financial statements are delivered without cost overruns.
- Be the local compliance champion ensuring all local statutory laws and edicts (including but not limited to tax and insurance regulatory) are upheld while keeping regional and central finance well informed of any issues.
- Manage tax audits with the local tax authorities and work closely with the tax advisors for total tax compliance.
Internal Control and Cost Management:
- Management and oversight of the local Internal Control environment to comply with Group policies on such matters as (but not limited to) payroll, procurement, expenses, claims management etc.
- Guardian of financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and performance analysis coupled with strong balance sheet control, evidenced by adherence to monthly close checklists and clearly understood reconciliations to sub-ledgers and analyses.
- Promote new and foster existing working relationships with the key external stakeholders underwriting partners, telco affiliates, regulators, auditors, advisers and bankers; deploying these to augment local business performance.
- First-class collaborator with Regional, Central and other Market Finance teams as appropriate, sharing and promoting best practice within the wider Group Finance community.
Working Capital Management:
- Full oversight of liquidity, cash and banking arrangements.
- Invoicing and reconciliation with relevant parties, collection of Accounts Receivables and value-add administration of Account Payables.
- Cash flow management including Funding assessments.
- Support Country Manager as well as Division Heads with real time costs and profitability analyses.
- Be a trusted adviser capable of finding original economic value-add initiatives to assist decision making.
- Keep abreast and comprehend changes in the statutory and regulatory environment, sounding early warnings on issues and lead the company's transitioning compliance efforts accordingly.
- Ensures the effective development, evolution, implementation and evaluation of finance policies and procedures upholding their consistent and compliant application.
- Develop as a collaborative business partner who is increasingly relied upon across the organisation and can deputise for the Country Manager as delegated.
- Professional qualification - ICAB/ACCA/CIMA.
- Minimum of Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Should have completed national service, where applicable.
- Minimum 7-10 years post qualified experience in accounting or auditing roles from a commercial organization.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and standards, notably IFRS.
- Good knowledge in local tax laws and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical ability with the competence to communicate analytical results to various level stakeholders.
- Excellent user of ERP systems; Workday Financials a distinct advantage.
- Prolific with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Proven experience as a people manager.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in Bengali
- Results orientated.
- Strong verbal and written English communication.
- Must be proactive and work collaboratively.
- Willing to hands-on when required
- Self-motivated and able to motivate those reporting into the role.
- Respects deadlines and calm under pressure.
- Languages: Fluent English & Local language