Recruitment Specialist at Better.com
Views:140 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Better - Team Lead - Information Technology (5-10 yrs)
Job Description :
- Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now, we are funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We have funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We have secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do, and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion.
- We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion-from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
- The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
A Better opportunity :
- Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our IT Manager & various team managers to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs.
- The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide escalation support for the IT team & support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include :
- Act as Team Lead for the IT Support team
- Facilitate IT Support projects, task responsibilities to team, and ensure timely completion
- Supervise daily workflow of the IT Support team
- Take escalations from the Support team for resolution
- Manage all customer escalations
- Support OS X and Windows users (e.g. software installs and VPN troubleshooting)
- Provision, manage, and troubleshooting of employee's laptops
- Enforce best practices of office IT security
- Provision and support of VOIP telephony and telepresence equipment
- Support wired and wireless networks
- Create documentation for frequently asked questions
- Asset management and procurement of IT equipment
- Co-manage support time-off requests and schedules
About You :
- 5-10 Years Experience
- Familiar with Active Directory
- Excellent communication skills is a must
- Flexibility with hours of work
- Familiarity with MAC OS X
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
- Able to write and maintain documentation
- Familiar with Help Desk ticketing systems
- Preference for those who have worked with overseas IT offices in the past
- Basic knowledge of AWS
Bonus Points for :
- Previous leadership experience
- Passion for open source software
- Knowledge of identity management/authentication systems (LDAP/Radius)
- Comfortable communicating with and managing remote offices
- Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
- All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.