TABP Lead at Better.com
Views:448 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Better - Senior Team Leader - Title Operations (5-10 yrs)
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster and most importantly more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
Right now, we are funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
We have funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
We ranked #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
We were listed to Forbes- FinTech 50 2020
And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
We have secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do, and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it's important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us
Senior Team Leader - Title Operations
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster and most importantly more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we- re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We- ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes- FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We- ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person's perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it's important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
- Better is looking for a Senior Team Leader in Title Operations to join our growing team! Using established guidelines, you will work cross collaboratively with many stakeholders, including partner/third party vendors, and other members of the production team throughout the process to bring loans to closing.
- Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, Oakland, Gurgaon, Charlotte and Orange County we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people.
You will have the opportunity to wear many hats, ranging from a visionary redesigning the needlessly complex Title process; a data analyst uncovering how to make the most impact; to a problem solver working with highly skilled engineers and industry experts to resolve technical and operational challenges.
Responsibilities will include:
- Level 2 escalation POC for internal and external stakeholders
- Be available to monitor, manage and provide support to Team Leaders
- Supervise and lead the team to meet all SLAs relative to any and all functions in the Title Clearance area (Supervision of workflows and work queues)
- Coordinate activities of the department with the manager to include workflow monitoring, process improvement, training, reporting and special projects
- Provide recommendations for strategies and process improvements to add value to teams and vendors
- Coordinate with other internal support teams to ensure seamless production by the operations team
- Provide resolutions to complex escalated queries from external and internal teams/stakeholders
- Must lead, coach, motivate and develop associates to deliver high quality loans to achieve or exceed set operational targets
- Present feedback and points of coordination to Title vendors on weekly/monthly calls
- Undertake the performance management activity of the Team Leaders/Individual Contributors against Key
- 5+ years of experience in the US Residential Mortgage with Title/Underwriting experience. 3+ experience in managing high growth teams
- Capable of preparing finding reports and performing Root Cause Analysis
- Strong hands on experience with Quality Assurance and Policy/Process implementation
- Good communication skills (Written and Verbal) are required to understand and communicate with the 3rd party vendors
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills and the ability to make decisions based on the situation (Advanced Excel, SQL will be preferred but not required as prerequisites)
- Drive to build something new, keeping customer experience on the top!
- Should be flexible working in night shifts
- Experience of managing 35+ Team members
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.