TABP Lead at Better.com
Views:156 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Better - Senior Leadership Learning Specialist (7-10 yrs)
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better.
We were listed as one of the 7 Best Mortgage Lenders for First Time Homebuyers 2021 in Forbes
Our CEO was named Winner in the Entrepreneur of The New York awards by EY.
We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
#1 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2020
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do, and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
A Better opportunity:
- Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects - such as structuring performance management to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a Senior Leadership Learning Specialist to support our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will have a blend of experience and education in facilitation learning programs and coaching leaders - either in house or as a consultant. Our coach will deliver training on managerial basics (systems, processes, policies), facilitate interactive core leadership programs (foundations, advanced), and individual or group coaching to people managers and leaders. We are a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization - meaning flexibility and helping leaders lead through change is essential to success.
- Establish collaborative and trusted relationships with People teams and business leaders. Learn core operations and objectives of assigned business units and teams; participate in business meetings and employee events.
- Work with program managers and people team to schedule tactical, foundational, and advanced leadership development programs. Lead delivery (virtual and in person) and participant experience management, follow up, and evaluation.
- Support People Team in the effective onboarding of new managers and people leaders, ensuring an understanding of Betters values, management processes, and leadership principles.
- Identify learning needs for managers, leaders, and teams outside of core leadership development programs and propose appropriate learning solutions.
- Provide expertise, feedback, and pilot support for new program design and development or updating existing programs.
- Partner effectively with external vendors as needed to deliver core management, leadership, and coaching programs - welcoming new ideas and expertise while ensuring alignment with Better brand and team culture.
- Measure impact of training programs and coaching through data collection and analysis with peers.
Bonus points for:
- Leveraging technology to drive automation, personalization, and evaluation of programs - including Learning Management Systems, assessment platforms, and content tools.
- You have 7 to 10 years of professional experience - ideally in a high-growth organization - and have managed the performance and development of individuals and/or a team.
- You have at least 3 years of formally facilitating leadership development programs and coaching individuals and/or people leaders.
- You have built and maintained strong development coaching skills through a combination of experience and education (i.e., in house, consulting/freelance, certifications, degrees, conferences, reading, etc)
- You stay knowledgeable about adult learning, management and leadership development, facilitation, presentation, coaching, and basic content design.
- You build strong cross-functional partnerships and trust with stakeholders through communication, reliability, and listening before offering helpful suggestions.
- You can facilitate multiple programs and coach several leaders.
- You believe that learning should be time well spent and its impact can be measured.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.