Better - Senior IT Analyst - Internal Control (2-7 yrs)
Senior IT Analyst - Internal Controls
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better.
We were listed as one of the 7 Best Mortgage Lenders for First Time Homebuyers 2021 in Forbes
Our CEO was named Winner in the Entrepreneur of The New York awards by EY.
We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
#1 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2020
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do, and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
Senior IT Analyst, Internal Controls
Better seeks a Senior IT Analyst to be a key member supporting the India/US team. In this position, you'll be responsible for activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT compliance. This position will help to maintain Betters IT General Control (ITGC) environment including performing control activities and ensuring control objectives are being met. This person will work strategically with the Internal Controls IT Manager to understand new and emerging technologies and assist in scoping of IT Systems and controls. The ideal candidate will have direct experience with IT Audits, ability to work independently, manage multiple projects with high level of detail, and great interpersonal skills
Job Responsibilities :
- Assess design and operating effectiveness of controls to ensure they mitigate identified risks through testing
- Identify control deficiencies and make recommendations to improve the efficiency of operations and the control environment
- Monitor remediation of control deficiencies identified and facilitate remediation efforts
- Walkthrough new IT system with application owners to understand and identify IT Risks
- Develop and maintain process documentation such as narratives
- Drive aspects of project management including tracking and communicating progress of projects and adherence to deadlines
- Prepare reports and dashboards relating to the implementation of internal controls for management review
- Bachelor's / Masters degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in internal controls, internal audit, Security Compliance
- Experience with SOX and/or SOC1 audits a plus
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with cross-functional teams
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Experience with Cloud Security and AWS a plus
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.