Recruitment Specialist at Better.com
Views:1345 Applications:288 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Better - Senior Data Analyst (3-6 yrs)
- Data is at the heart of how Better makes business and product decisions, particularly within the realm of regulatory strategy and compliance. We are looking for a data analyst to join the Regulatory Strategy team.
- As the Senior Data Analyst for Regulatory Strategy & Operations team, you will develop a deep understanding of the data and processes Better uses to meet its regulatory obligations. Further, you will contribute to the larger Compliance organization, and be responsible for identifying gaps in data reporting processes, and help craft solutions following root-cause analyses.
- To be a successful Data Analyst for the Regulatory Strategy & Operations team, you must have a robust background in data analytics, and be prepared to work with scant resources in a bootstraps environment. In other words, you will be among the key stakeholders responsible for ideating and building out Better's long-term data reporting function, as our company continues to grow.
- Further, you must also be able to think strategically and within the confines of complex regulatory situations, and be able to make challenging judgement calls within high-impact, high-stakes situations.
- Design complex queries drawing from multiple databases on tight turnaround time
- QC and edit existing data procedures, and develop long-term data reporting structures
- Prioritize and conduct quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, and data mining that results in actionable insights and recommendations
- Draft responses to time-sensitive data requests from team members that are accurate, digestible, and easy to understand
- Clearly and effectively collaborate with US-based Product, Design, and Engineering (PDE) teams, and work with PDE to develop robust data reporting systems
- Conduct quantitative analyses of business impact posed by regulatory requirements and/or actions, including proposed changes to Better.com operations
- Assist the regulatory reporting team to identify trends in data reporting to regulators, in order to preemptively improve our processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including legal, government relations, operations, capital markets and finance
- Expert SQL skills
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Degree from a highly-competitive academic institution in quantitative field: statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering.
- Previous experience working with very large datasets across multiple databases in startup environment or large commercial institution
- Advanced analytical and Excel skills required to understand, manage, and assess large data sets, including the ability to interpret fair lending analysis results.