Recruitment Specialist at Better.com
Views:480 Applications:123 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Better - Analyst - Procurement (0-1 yrs)
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster- and most importantly- more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
Right now, we are funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
We have funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
We ranked #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
We were listed to Forbes- FinTech 50 2020
And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
We have secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do, and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it's important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
Procurement Analyst :
Better.com seeks a Procurement Analyst, who will manage the day-to-day Procurement activities in support of the India/US team. The Procurement Analyst will work closely with business leaders across the organization and to manage the requisition-to-receipt process for non-catalog based requisitions, act as buyers for catalog-based requisitions, manage the supplier contract repository and provide analytical/sourcing support to the procurement team.
This is a relatively new team and function for Better. Procurement processes/policies are expected to evolve and get perfected over the coming months and years. The Procurement Analyst is expected to play a crucial role in shaping the procurement team at Better. In addition to demonstrating prior experiences in similar roles, a successful candidate should be a self-starter, quick learner and have strong interpersonal and communication abilities and be willing to identify opportunities for improvement and work with leadership to address them.
- Follow up on the purchasing process (receipt of order confirmations, check of delivery date, actual receipt/execution) and provide feedback to the internal stakeholders
- Ensure outstanding purchase orders and requisitions are in-line with planned budgets
- Validate supplier contract vs purchase requisition/order pricing and spend
- Manage the end-to-end contract administration process by ensuring contracts and related documents and accurate meta-data are added and updated
- Assist in measuring and monitoring key performance indicators for the procurement team
- Engage other members of the global Procurement function as appropriate to ensure purchasing activities conform with Procurement guidelines
- Partner with business leaders across organization to act as buyers for tactical catalog-based purchases in accordance with Better procurement guidelines
- Bachelor- s/ master's in accounting, finance.
- 2-5 years' experience in a dynamic high-tech purchasing environment
- Knowledge of Finance and / or Procurement management systems mandatory; experience with NetSuite/Coupa preferred
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices - US GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with Netsuite would be an added advantage
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Good understanding of purchasing practices and procedures
- Understanding of contracts and necessary requirements
- Able to highlight opportunities for continuous process improvement and willing to participate in appropriate process improvement activities
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.