Beiersdorf - Regional Category Procurement Manager - Raw Materials (2-4 yrs)
About the Organization :
Nivea India is an affiliate of Beiersdorf, Germany.
Our employees enjoy working for Beiersdorf and are proud of the Company, its values, and its brands. Their performance and commitment drive Beiersdorf's development.
We encourage this performance with challenging tasks and broad responsibilities that enable our employees to raise the bar in all fields of our business - every day, right from the start. Our working atmosphere is a unique mix of winning spirit and teamwork - performance driven and friendly at the same time.
We care for both: Success and People.
About the Role:
The role will be responsible for the definition & deployment of all regional category strategies as well as the deployment of global category strategies within area of responsibility based on related business strategies and priorities, strategic SC and Proc frameworks (e.g. category matrix) and continuous alignment with business stakeholders, the Regional Proc Director and the Global organization. Consulting on global strategic category work. Responsible for contract handling and negotiation for regional spend against the overall target to maximize the Proc value contribution (e.g. cost development, supply security, improved services, agility, innovation) leveraging the full range of options available in the market. Responsible for compliance with Proc standards and processes as well as driving supplier relationship mgmt.
- Conducting regular market research & analysis for own categories
- Responsible for the definition and deployment of regional strategies and the deployment of global strategies for own area of responsibility
- Consulting regional and regional area strategy development
- Providing regional input for global strategies in relevant categories
2. Procurement Business Partnering
- Negotiating and contracting frame conditions with suppliers (prices, TCO, payment terms, quality levels, etc.) for regional and agreed global categories along with a global roadmap towards objectives agreed with the demanding owner or set by global initiatives
- Continuously monitoring the related activities for opportunities to maximize Proc value contribution
3. Project Procurement
- Representing Proc in projects (e.g.Reg. IIMs, Masterplans), managing deployment of regional and global Proc strategies for selected categories within their scope while supporting OTIF delivery
- Responsible for contract handling and negotiation for project-related sub-set of regional or global spend
- Responsible for maintaining all project-related master data
4. Procurement Processes & Systems
- Responsible for compliance with legal requirements, BDF Proc and non-Proc procedures within own negotiations and contracts.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of Category spend data in SAP and that KPIs reflect contractual terms for own categories, contracts and suppliers
- Developing best practices, standard documents and tools for own categories and actively feeding them into the continuous improvement process of global standards as required
5. Supplier Management
- Ensuring proper supplier selection (e.g. financial health, process knowhow, etc.) to minimize supply risks for the affiliates of BDF
- Conducting commercial audits of major suppliers in close conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Actively managing supplier relationships to ensure suppliers are able and willing to fulfill BDF supply requirements
- Actively working with suppliers to achieve innovative solutions
6. Organizational Development
- Continuously developing the assigned category and respective processes together with global & local peers to ensure competitiveness
7. People Development
Functionally leading all local experts/specialist involved in the ongoing category business in close conjunction w/ global peers
1. MBA in Operations/Procurement/Business Management
2. 2-4 years of relevant experience in an FMCG/Pharma industry
3. Competencies required:
a. Ability to manage complex functional projects in a matrix environment
b. Proactive, pragmatic, cost-conscious, creative, result-driven