Beiersdorf - Procurement Lead (2-5 yrs)
CARE FOR SKIN - CARE FOR PEOPLE
Beiersdorf AG is a global company with more than 150 affiliates worldwide. Our two separate business segments are responsible for operations in their respective areas- Consumer Segment and Tesa. For over 130 years, Beiersdorf have dedicated itself to meeting it's consumers- individual needs and are considered to be the inventors of modern skin care. It's research and development expertise, innovative products, and strong brands are the reasons for the success
Care for consumers and our people is what has driven us. Every day, our global brand icons, such as NIVEA, NIVEA Cr- me, NIVEA MEN, make more than 500 million consumers in over 200 countries feel good in their skin.
Join this world of care and start your career in an environment that offers you the opportunity to work with leading experts and the highest scientific research technologies. Shape your professional future from day one and explore our collaborative culture with courageous, innovative teams that all share one exciting goal: inventing skin care products of the next generation.
Reports to (role): Local Proc Mgr. Unit, Local TL
Local specialist for the swift and compliant execution of all business-required buying activities
Understanding and coordinating local demands and delivering end-to-end procurement services from creating RFQ/RFIs through negotiating with suppliers through to handling all related billing and payment activities in accordance with relevant compliance frameworks and procurement policies. Safeguarding deployment of global and regional category strategies within own area of responsibilities and making informed business decisions within own margin of decision making.
- Sourcing of indirect materials (e.g. promotional goods, co-packing materials) and services for the unit in scope
- Coordinating demands with internal demand owners, actively identifying and pursuing opportunities to add value to the business (e.g. bundling)
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating RFQ/RFIs, negotiating conditions and selecting suppliers within own area of responsibility and according to established responsibilities and value limits
- Handling all related billing and payment processes
- Calling-off based on existing contracts and placing independent orders according to established value limits
- Representing procurement in relevant business projects with a specific need for sourcing support and/or dedicated attention
Procurement Processes & Systems
- Maintenance of relevant master data for supported negotiation/contracting processes (e.g. category spends, contractual terms, supplier data)
- Timely documentation of relevant procurement KPI data (e.g. savings) as well as regular aggregation of data in order to manage the performance within own area
- Accountable and responsible to assure full compliance with relevant Proc and corporate guidelines and policies within own area of responsibility
Regional Key User [OPTIONAL ITEM]
- Responsible for the implementation of new IT-tools and systems or improvements of existing ones by steering the local key user network
- Driving the ongoing development of Proc tools and system landscape (e.g. SAP SRM, Spend Transparency, Spider) in own region in close collaboration with the global system owners
- Handling defects and improvement proposals forwarded from local key user level and forwarding them to global system owner/provider
- Support regular performance monitoring and analyses, decide and follow-up on agreed corrective actions
- Create reports in BI, conduct own analyses and decide, initiate and follow-up on corrective actions
Local Key User [OPTIONAL ITEM]
- First contact point for local users regarding questions around the functionality of the system as well as related procedures and routines
- Responsible for collecting and forwarding defects and improvement proposals from end-users to the regional key user
- Training local users in the required systems
- Providing local input into the development of regional and/or global Proc. IT roadmaps (e.g. SRM)
- Project Management for local implementation of new Proc IT tools, systems and templates
- Local Demand Owners
- Global Category Managers
- Local/Regional Key Users
- Specific task-related counterparts on supplier-side
Requirement Profile - Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
Education: Completed vocational business traineeship
General work experience: 0-2 yrs. in the area of SC and/or procurement
Functional experience: Procurement and supplier management experience an advantage
Cross funct. experience: Not required but an advantage
International experience: Not required but an advantage
Languages: Local language and English business fluent, others an advantage
Personal: Process-oriented, number-avid and analytical, clear communication, persuasive & proactive character, strong customer focus, hands-on and entrepreneurial approach
Systems Very good knowledge of MS Office applications and SAP, knowledge of relevant BI and proc modules an advantage
Extended LOCAL INPUT
Detailed Responsibilities (non-conclusive):
Key Procurement Activities:
- Ensure a flexible and reliable supply of all materials and services required to support BDF's success in the local market
- Market Research from Procurement point of view
- Qualified Supplier Integration (long/short list, RFQ process, Supplier Selection, Contract management)
- Negotiation of all commercial parameters
- Development of Sourcing Strategy
- Alignment with Corporate and Regional Procurement where required
- Ensure compliance of procurement related processes, methods, and systems with procurement standards for the total spend of the PC by implementing these standards and defining PC specific guidelines and principles if necessary.
- Contribute to indirect sourcing strategies, rules, processes and projects in relationship with relevant groups, including: selecting qualified supplier, controlling cost, gaining business acceptance and implementation, etc.
- consistently seek new areas of cost reduction, demand containment, specification optimization and value enhancement across all aspects of the business
Ensuring end to end purchasing activities for following:
- Procurement of all indirect goods/services with end to end responsibility of P2P cycle.
- Compliance to Local & Corporate Procurement Guidelines & related internal and external audits.
- Cost comparisons for ensuring right selection of supplier considering best total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Select and manage performing suppliers, define KPIs, evaluate and manage supplier performance and compliance
- Exposure to SAP- MRP Module, SRM Module.
- Close coordination with Technology team for new development.
- Ensuring Robust Model for Supplier Performance.
- Follow the PC guidelines and requirements as per Workplace Safety, Integrated SHE Practices and Code of Conduct
- He / she shall be prime responsible to maintain the safety culture of respective area with Business Partners/Suppliers.
- Conduct purchasing projects (specification work, sourcing, negotiation, contract, coordination/ implementation) in close partnership with functional stakeholders and in accordance with indirect purchasing guidelines