Beiersdorf - Demand Planning & Analytics Manager - Nivea (2-5 yrs)
CARE FOR SKIN - CARE FOR PEOPLE :
- Beiersdorf AG is a global company with more than 150 affiliates worldwide. Our two separate business segments are responsible for operations in their respective areas Consumer Segment and Tesa. For over 130 years, Beiersdorf have dedicated itself to meeting it's consumers- individual needs and are considered to be the inventors of modern skin care. It's research and development expertise, innovative products, and strong brands are the reasons for the success
- Care for consumers and our people is what has driven us. Every day, our global brand icons, such as NIVEA, NIVEA Cr- me, NIVEA MEN, make more than 500 million consumers in over 200 countries feel good in their skin.
- Join this world of care and start your career in an environment that offers you the opportunity to work with leading experts and the highest scientific research technologies. Shape your professional future from day one and explore our collaborative culture with courageous, innovative teams that all share one exciting goal: inventing skin care products of the next generation
Job Description Demand Planning & Analytics Manager
Job Location :
Location : Mumbai :
Main purpose of the role:
- This position is responsible to facilitate demand planning processes and bring insights through data analytics within the supply chain planning systems and Sales Operations Planning (S&OP) reporting. The position is also responsible for creating user manual, updations of forecast in SAP APO-DP, conducting impact analysis, managing complex set of information related to demand planning. To collaborate with cross function stakeholders (Sales, marketing, finance, Shoppers and Customer marketing) to ensure effective S&OP discussions.
Successful performance requires
- Strong analytical & innovative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Collaborative mind-set
- Strong bend towards Data Analytics and science
- Excellent skills in MS-Excel
- Hands on with statistical analysis tool
Detailed Responsibilities (non-conclusive):
1. Forecasting Process - Trend analysis/data/ formats/ coordination & closures
- Preparation of Forecast Files at Sku- ASM Channel level.
- Circulation, coordination, collation as per timelines and closures
- Develop and standardize templates of sales forecasts into compatible format for loading into demand planning system (APO-DP)
- Preparation of Consolidated Forecast files and exception reports for forecast discussions
- Preparation of demand forecast formats for feeding demand into supply planning
- Preparation of S&OP communication deck in coordination and closures with all regional and Business Unit stakeholders
- Coordination with regions for weekly demand changes, coordination with category planners and closures signoffs with demand manager before feeding into distribution planning.
- Ensuring absolute accuracy of data and adherence to timelines in all the above processes
- Coordinate cross-functional activities to reconcile significant variances between bottom-up and top-down demands
- Preparation and circulation of demand planning tracking MIS daily and weekly.
- Preparation of month performance summary report.
- Exception reporting(as required)
2. Driving S&OP
- Drive end to end S&OP for Institutional and Cash & Carry Business
- Ensure timely file preperation and circulation to relevant stakeholders
- Lead the S&OP discussions to ensure an aligned plan for these channels
- Ensure all open points are closed by connecting with relevant stakeholders
- Feeding back any critial points to be discussed during Director's S&OP
2. Ageing analysis and closures
- Identify and analyze report of slow moving SKU's and evaluate the scope of liquidation of potential write offs.
- Preparation of Ageing review sheet and circulation to all stakeholders on weekly basis
- Preparation of ageing analysis and reporting
3. First level Demand Analytics
- Preparation of mid month outlook analysis file and analytics
- Statewise- SKU wise analysis of sales trends and outlook
- Skuwise analytics of NPD sales and forecast
- Exception analysis ( as required)
- Sense-check statistical forecasts and proactively highlight any unexpected trends or forecasts
- FCA analysis. Identifying forecast value add and outliers to be corrected
- Sales analysis at granular levels to generate insights to help in making a better S&OP plan
4. IT & maintenance
- SAP APO demand planning updations and master maintenance
- Maintain forecast files and all reporting templates with latest prices, SKUs, promotions & activations.
5. Facilitating the regional reporting / regional demand planning member / supply planning executives
- Support demand planning initiatives to drive continuous improvement in the regional demand planning forecast processes, systems, and integration into the executive S&OP as per agreed timelines
- Perform various levels of data validation in bottom-up regional demand across various channels to eliminate errors in data consolidations
- Establishing a communication channel with the supply team and sorting out queries, routine demand related issues
- Support ongoing as well as upcoming project in Demand planning
- For the ongoing projects, ensure data availability on time and timely resolution/escalation of issues
- For upcoming projects, help in designing templates, data gathering, closure of open ponints
- Graduate (preferably IIT, IITM or IT) with min 2-3 years experience in Data analytics or Demand Planning
- Good communication skills in English
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Exposure to ERP platform preferably SAP - APO
The position reports into the Demand Planning Manager.