Behavior Designer - Healthcare (3-7 yrs)
- Design and problem-solve the most crucial part of our offering - learning. We educate family members on how to take care of their loved ones at home and in the hospital. Delivering this education in a manner that ensures learning, behavior change, and empathy is crucial. Our impact is tied to it.
- You will spend most of your day figuring out how to better design and engineer an educational offering delivered in a hospital setting for adults of varying backgrounds, some with very little exposure to formal education. The offering can be a combination of any or some of these - classroom teaching, human training, technology interventions, print materials, videos, remote teaching, handouts, etc.
- You will work closely with product managers, designers, illustrators, film and creative folks in our team to solve this problem.
- You must be someone who wants to democratize health care and are an exceptional problem-solver.
- You are a team player and excellent communicator, but you are also an independent and creative thinker.
- You have to design and execute many small experiments, and truly live by the principles of design thinking as part of your job.
Objectives and goals:
- Design and improve our existing offering for family-centric in-hospital education from an adult-learning, engagement, and quality perspective.
- Bring principles and best practices of communication design, teaching, and adult-learning into our product design process.
- Design a process and transform our existing tools and materials such that it helps us convert health care professionals into awesome teachers and ensures impactful learning.
- 3-4 years experience in service/quality design in sectors such as education, adult learning, organizational learning, or public speaking/communication.
- Demonstrated experience in design, design thinking, product/service design in previous roles and assignments. These could be entrepreneurial in nature, where you handled many aspects of the product/service.
- Previous experience in solving problems for low-income populations is optional but preferred.
- Previous experience in research work in best practices in education and learning behaviors is optional but good to have.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.