Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:1439 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
BD Manager - Consulting Sales (9-16 yrs)
The person would have to be experience in Cross-selling of all products & service lines of the organization.
Product & Services could be :
Human resource consulting services, retirement benefits, health & benefits, human capital advisory, surveys & products, communication, investments, outsourcing, and mergers & acquisitions, insurance pension benefits, Financial product & Solutions.
Purpose of Position
Contribute to the development of a consistent, high quality and market leading HR information database and related consulting services by:
- Designing and conducting sponsored compensation and benefit surveys
- Building sustainable client relationships that provide Mercer with repeat business in the information services or other Mercer lines of business
- Contributing to the development of industry/sector surveys to follow a regular cycle
- Analysing and interpreting survey results to provide clients with relevant interpretation of findings to assist in their compensation and benefit policy development and management
Indirectly will provide new staff with guidance, direction and support to ensure their required contribution to the projects, surveys and/or consulting assignments that the position is responsible for.
- This position is for business experience in the order of 5 to 7 years. The role has a heavy on-the-job learning component as it provides exposure to the core Information Services business activities, processes and methodologies. It will require the position holder to apply this knowledge directly in projects or product management that is directly revenue generating.
- In addition to the technical elements of the work, there will be an emphasis to maintain existing and develop new strong professional relationships with the client set to which the position holder will be exposed. The aim in developing these relationships is to ensure that Mercer builds long term relationships that provide for repeat business and greater efficiency in survey participation over time.
- The key challenges for the role will be to quickly acquire the methodology, knowledge and skills to be productive in utilising these through the course of client assignments and industry surveys.
- The position holder will participate in (and conduct) multiple projects simultaneously and will need to ensure that quality results are attained, that plans are followed as defined, and that the client organisations and internal team are informed of project progress in an accurate and timely manner. This is to ensure the on-time delivery of projects and the proactive management of client expectations.
- Problem solving skills will be applied in the analysis of survey findings to ensure quality of results and relevance to the original need expressed by the client.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills will be important for client interaction, gaining trust and confidence to share confidential information with Mercer. Developed persuasion/sales skills will be required to maximise participation in survey initiatives; sometimes with reluctant participants.
- The focus of decision making will be in correctly applying Mercer tools and methodologies to ensure the quality and accuracy of the work performed; and in prioritising activities to ensure timely completion of assignments. Support for difficulties encountered in any of these elements of work is available through the Team Leader/Location Leader.
1. Industry cluster growth
2. Relationship management with 3-4 strategic clients in the industry clusters (esp: conglomerates in the geo)
3. Cross product sales metric
4. Goal setting for each industry
5. Pricing and Indirect sales strategy development
6. People leadership: Development, Engagement, Attrition management of own cluster and for the geo operating in
7. Process Quality and Client Feedback
8. New product introduction (analytics, practices surveys)
9. Key Metrics: Increase in rev per database study; Increase in % paid participants (threshold: # of participants); Product Mix sales targets; One new forum, Attrition; Engagement; Client Satisfaction, White paper/speaking engagements, New product introduction, Gross cost management
10. Ability to conceptualise and sell multi-year deals
1. Master and apply the tools and methodologies fundamental to the worked performed (e.g. IPE, TRS standards, Mercer PayMonitor, Benefit Valuation tool, Survey statistics methodologies). This should be to a proficiency level that the client with whom the Information Consultant is working is confident of the professionalism and expertise of the consultant.
2. Prepare project proposals, develop project plans, and implement these according to plan.
3. Participate in survey activities and consulting assignments to ensure business revenue objectives are attained.
4. Establish strong professional working relationships with clients such that they trust are confident to share the information required for successful project and survey delivery.
5. Solicit and gain the cooperation of non-sponsoring companies to participate in survey projects.
6. Contribute to the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans for any specific market segment within which the position may specialise.
7. Provide quality and timely client support that is ongoing through the course of projects or as follow-up to project/survey delivery in order to ensure customer understanding, satisfaction and continued relationship development with Mercer.
8. Cooperate and provide assistance to other India Industry Clusters across geographies (or regional) project teams to ensure Mercer provides clients with a seamless service offering.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 12- 15 yrs exp. in concept, product sales. Experience in selling consulting solutions is preferred.
- Post Graduate degree in business, economics, psychology, human resources or social sciences with statistics or research methodology
- Strong Selling and client servicing skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer literacy; including Excel, Word, PowerPoint (or equivalent purpose software)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Developed planning and organising skills
- Exposure to Compensation & Benefits is preferable.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.