Talent Acquisition & Business HR Lead at Baxalta
Views:2355 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Baxter - Key Account Manager - Anesthesia (0-3 yrs)
Key Account Manager, Anesthesia
Position : Key Account Manager
Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Business : Anesthesia
Location : Chennai (Includes outstation coverage also)
- Strong preference for Lady Candidates. Fresh graduates with B.Pharm/BSc (in any science discipline)/ B.Tech Biomedical Engineering may also apply
An opportunity to be part of Baxter's Anesthesia division - promoting an innovative range of Inhalation Anesthesia Gases - This is a growing segment in India, with competition only MNC companies.
- The selling process entails a high degree of scientific consultation with the target customers/prospects (Anesthetists) who may be partial users or non-users by virtue of their time-tested and traditional techniques practiced.
- The KAM needs to make frequent visits to hospitals to meet the identified list of ~100 customers spread across the 10 to 15 corporate hospitals with the objective of increasing sales. Revenue cum growth targets for the year and non-revenue targets for sales process effectiveness will be applicable.
- Sales strategies will include facilitating the placement of specialized equipment (vaporizer) in the Operation Theatres of hospitals covered, conducting live demo of our product by providing free sample to customer during a surgery by choosing the right type of patient/surgery, helping the Anesthetist arrive at the right dosage depending on duration of surgery etc, seeking feedback and thereby achieving the conversion (non-user to partial user and partial user to user).
Job Summary :
- Meet Financial objectives & key Business metrics
- Develop KOL's and manage key-stakeholder relationships
- Coordination with Marketing & Medical teams (Facilitate Clinical & Marketing programs, CMEs, workshops, market feedback programs, etc)
- Market Mapping in given region - Track & gather market data, consumption patterns, potential market size, Hospital-wise No. of OTs and surgeries done in each category
- Competition mapping in given region - gather and analyze competitor pricing, sales data, changes in product positioning
- Distributor management & ensuring compliance to Baxter policies (product handling & service accounts as per set guidelines, operate with Baxter's Ethics & Compliance guidelines, etc)
Key Competencies :
- Experience in Pharma/Healthcare sales is desired (Financial objectives, distributor management & KOL management)
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen, with ability to handle price negotiations and discussions
- Orientation towards KOL management with strong networking and relationship management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or any other science discipline or B.Tech in Bio medical Engineering with relevant sales experience is desired.
- High on Integrity
- Result orientation; Ability to Plan and Prioritize
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strategic Orientation
- High Optimism and sound judgment
- Team player and collaborative approach
- Area Sales Manager, Marketing /Medical Affairs teams
- KOLs, Purchase dept. of hospitals, Biomedical Engineering Dept., Heads of Medical colleges, & other stakeholders in the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Business.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achievement of financial objectives
- Increased Penetration & market share in hospitals & target segments / market
- Achievement of set objectives of increasing penetration in select accounts
- KOL and stakeholder's management
- Market shares and per hospital consumption improvement
- Tenders inclusion and maintenance with improved products and therapies.
- Ensure coordination with Marketing for effective implementation of strategies in territory
- Compliance with Baxter Ethics and Compliance
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.