Recruiter at Barclays
Views:703 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Barclays - Vice President - Product Control Impairments (10-25 yrs)
Overall purpose of role:
The responsibility by Line PC Teams for completeness and accuracy of the books and records comprises of:
- P&L and B/S substantiation and reporting (including P&L explain / attribution, reconciliations, P&L commentaries, adherence to accounting principles, etc.).
- Monitoring trading activity for compliance with various related policies.
- Providing management with technical and operational analysis of the business unit.
- Regular interaction with FO business, Financial Control, Technical Accounting Group, PC Change Management, Technology and other infrastructure areas.
Key Accountabilities :
Responsible for the line product control of an asset class, managing the line PC team to fulfill responsibilities below:
- Review monthly impairment process, including understanding risk positions and moves for P&L explanation.
- Engage in detailed discussion with various Line PC team, CRIS, SAM, senior stake holders on risk positions and P&L.
- Ensure that the team's KPI and SLA are met.
- Attend to ad hoc queries from the various stake holders and partners relating to impairment revenue and Balance Sheet.
- Review key periodic MIS to senior management.
- Gain in-depth understanding of provisioning, controls and processes, and review the month end working.
- Perform detailed review of month end adjustments, and Balance Sheet substantiation
- Other relevant impairment processes
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong internal control environment. Monitor control reports to ensure accuracy of data for P&L, validation and downstream processes.
- Raise the team's level of control awareness. Lead by example and engender a strong control culture.
- Ensure clean audit results from internal and external reviews. Be the owner of key stroke documentations for key PC processes, risk assessment and SOX documentation.
Projects and Continuous Improvements :
- Identify and drive process re-engineering and constantly challenge status quo for control improvement and process efficiency.
- Motivate and empower the team to deliver continuous improvements.
Service Delivery :
- Ensure adherence to daily schedule and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure process compliance as per the regulatory guidelines and audit requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of basic financial analysis, impairment analysis, financial reports, financial planning and financial statements analysis.
- Review and analyse complex financial reports and financial statements analysis and present the same to the management.
- Establish innovative systems and procedures for handling data & reports and continuously improvise on them.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and provide innovative solutions.
- Manage and monitor quality for the business area.
- Respond to and resolve issues arising out of interactions with clients.
- Ensure open communication and address issues/ concerns raised
Person Specification :
- Qualified accountant / CIMA
- CFA / Masters in Finance / Financial Engineering would be an advantage
Technical knowledge / skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Financial product and markets of the relevant asset class
- Good understanding of end-to-end processes of an IB and associated controls
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings & ability to interact with the region and London as part of a global team (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise
- Strong control awareness
- Confident and assertive manner
- Ability to work independently with a spectrum of people from junior finance staff to front office business heads.
- Proactive and change focused with problem solving ability.
- Mature and able to negotiate through difficult situations
- Ability to drive the team's agenda in large forums spread across various locations.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Displays enthusiasm, initiative and diligence.
- Opportunity to be groomed to be future leaders, where there will be expended remit for future growth.
- Works well in a team with high standards for team work
- Judgment - Balances short-term & long term goals, manages ambiguity well, is an astute risk taker, can see things in new and innovative ways and understands the business.
- Influence - Adept at influencing and aligning colleagues to make things happen, builds trusting and collaborative relationships, knows self deeply and creates teams to complement own strengths.
- Execution - Turns strategy into results, measures, manages and delivers performance, always delivers on promises. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to be creative and to - think outside the box- .
- Drive - Passionate about making a difference, relentlessly seeks out and overcomes major challenges, has real drive and determination, continuously raises the bar and is emotionally resilient. Proven track record in delivering to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation - Excellent people-management and relationship-building skills with ability to operate at most senior levels.
- Process improvement - drives through change and process re-engineering by continuously leaning and streamline processes.