Talent Acquisition Specialist at Barclays
Views:2381 Applications:528 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Barclays - Vice President - Payments (12-17 yrs)
Vice President - Payments with Barclays, Leading UK Bank
About Barclays :
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Global Payments :
Global Payments is a utility service providing payments processing, monitoring, analysis and investigation services across the Barclays group
Role Purpose :
- As a direct report of the Head of Payment Operations Director, the role holder will be accountable for the delivery of a range of high value, high volume business critical processes and responsible alongside their Director for determining and driving the wider strategy for these
- The role holder will lead, manage and be responsible for the UK Payments Operations. This is a multi-cluster Operational remit, the main responsibility of which is Payment Processing and Repairs for the UK, Ireland, Germany and all Exotic currencies on behalf of PCB, Barclaycard and Investment Bank
- The role holder will lead and manage the functional departments of Payments Input and Repairs, Payments Schemes and Liquidity Management and MassPay processing and static data
- This is a significant scale function across 4 sites based in Poole - UK, Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai - India processing >8 Million payment transactions per day to the value of - 450bn
- The role holder will manage cyclical workflow and the allocation of resources to ensure that Service Level Agreements are achieved at all times, resolving issues which will ensure that the business operates with maximum efficiency.
- The role holder will contribute to shaping the strategic agenda for the broader UK Payments and Global Payments function
Key Accountabilities :
- The role holder will lead and have direct responsibility for c.30 staff in the UK and partnering with shared services and third party supplier (c.100 staff) across 4 operational sites. They will have management accountability for end to end processing execution/services.
- The role holder will be a member of the Global Payments Senior Leadership team
- The role holder will contribute to the creation of a partnership approach with all senior management stakeholders across the bank and supplier network in order to ensure material and sustained improvements in performance and cost management.
- The role holder will be responsible for maintaining a robust control environment and drive improvements whilst protecting the reputation of the bank and retention of market leading technical and specialist knowledge within the operation.
- They will manage the people issues arising from the transformation and maintain high levels of staff motivation and morale.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that business critical tools are aligned to deliver functionality required to achieve market leading capability and provide seamless processing capability to staff while mitigating any operational risk.
- Accountable for the delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Responsible for ensuring business requirements are reviewed, agreed and adopted by process leads and that requisite MI is available to process leads to ensure delivery of best in class service.
- Accountable for establishing high performance organisational standards through effective institution of performance development standards and measurements, recruitment of high calibre resources, and building robust succession plans and structure.
- Accountable for process execution and delivery by applying high performance business standards, meeting or exceeding internally agreed targets and SLA's with respect to team development, running and discretionary costs, service quality, productivity, change integration, operational risk and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for all aggregate impacts of client daily demand volumes and resource management to achieve BAU success, whilst also expected to work with aspects of demand change requirements in respect of integration, piloting and testing, to achieve an effective outcome.
- Implement, deliver and monitor Regulatory Standards, to minimise and mitigate business risk.
- Effectively communicate (oral and written) to small or large audiences, with the ability to engage and inspire.
- To support Barclays Business Change Team in shaping the future of the Global Payments (GP), such that the SBU achieves a step change in business performance (customer service, productivity, efficiency) and realises its strategic goals for our customers and our people.
- To contribute to the development of target designs for key GP e2e processes, across channels, customers and people.
- Support the Business Change Team in providing business sponsorship and design governance responsibilities.
- Support implementation and execution of re-designed/ engineered processes to BAU and follow through into post implementation measure of success
- Line manage a team of Operations Managers, Senior Team Leaders, or Business Analysts, where applicable
Stakeholder Management & Leadership :
- The role holder will be responsible for stakeholder management: ability to influence and communicate (verbally and in writing) very effectively with Director level stakeholders, senior business leadership, as well as with vendors/suppliers
- The role holder will have demonstrable leadership and strategic thinking qualities, such as the ability to plan, drive and oversee controls for a payments operational unit, dealing with a large number of senior stakeholders - Director Level, handling conflict/issue resolution etc
- The role holder will develop key performance measures/matrix necessary to drive continual cost reductions and improve quality. Lead continuous improvement and business excellence by motivating teams to achieve idea generation through Operational committee meetings for all site teams, team briefings, training, idea generations events in respect of waste management, quality improvements to service through improved Service level standards, share information with others in Barclays to improve operational standards
Decision-making & Problem Solving :
- To ensure that the impact of change is successfully managed, working with Client & Strategy/Change teams to support the successful implementation of change into operations within agreed time-scales and budget and without deterioration in BAU service delivery; providing piloting and testing environments and supporting out-sourcing strategies as necessary
- Making key decisions in relation to business processes and customers on a regular basis, using knowledge and experience to drive this
- Handle complex escalations from across the Group to resolve queries, complaints and incidents in relation to Payments
- To effectively implement HR Managing Change Procedure to ensure agreed business case benefits are delivered, where head-count numbers are impacted by the proposed change
- Provide subject matter expertise to change teams as needed
Risk & Control Objective :
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Person Specification :
- Comprehensive knowledge of specific processing products available to meet customer requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of Global Payments Operations Plans and strategy
- Comprehensive understanding of business unit policies and strategy and an awareness of associated policies and strategy from elsewhere in the Group e.g. Corporate Banking Payment Processing strategy
- A Good knowledge of overall Group position in respect of processes events in own business area
- Awareness of Key internal clients annual business plans and associated project strategies
- A General awareness of Project Management principles and their application
- An in depth knowledge of Group HR principles and practice, and a good working knowledge of employment and health and safety regulations
- An in depth knowledge of acceptable cost centre management expenditure procedures and standards
- Leadership, Business and Project Planning ability and disciplines. Proven operational Management to drive results and excellence. An understanding and demonstration of the ability to manage several operational teams which maybe in more than one location and grow/change operations to the correct critical mass in line with business area plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of Barclays Behaviours and reward mechanisms
- Proven experience of integration on project /change steps into existing or new operational processing events
- Proven experience in Operational Management (including management of on-line systems and management of substantial staff numbers across a variety of geographical locations.
- Proven experience in cost centre management
- Proven experience of operational risk management
Purpose and Values :
- Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
- Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question - What is Barclays for?- and it should guide our every action as employees.
Respect - We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
Integrity - We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
Service - We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
Excellence - We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
Stewardship - We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
- Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
- Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.