Direct Recuriter at Barclays
Views:2082 Applications:358 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Barclays - EUR Rates Trading Analyst - IIT/IIM (0-2 yrs)
Job Title: EUR Rates Trading Analyst
Corporate Grade: BA4
- Barclays has long been a recognized leader in rates and foreign exchange products, and we combine this strength with our focused emerging markets business. Our teams, based in financial hubs across the globe, assist clients to anticipate the impact of macro market moves and events on their portfolios. For example, we might help a client understand the impact of central bank interest rate decisions on currency markets or a faster-than-expected pick-up in inflation on the yield on government bonds.
- We strive to give clients the critical short-term and thematic insights they need to effectively manage their portfolios, and partner with them to structure, buy and sell products to meet their hedging and investment goals. Our trading desks specialise in understanding flows across interest rates and FX in G10 and emerging market currencies, including:
1. government bonds
2. agency and supra-sovereign bonds
3. commercial paper
4. interest rate derivatives (including structured products)
5. inflation-linked products
6. cross currency derivatives
7. agency RMBS
8. spot foreign exchange
9. foreign exchange forwards and options
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.-
Overall purpose of role
- The candidate would be based out of Mumbai and work with the London rates trading team. The team makes markets in EUR & GBP swaps, inflation swaps, and Government & Inflation linked bonds. The role suits a self-motivated, highly energetic individual who has a strong background in mathematics or financial engineering. The role offers great opportunity to the candidate's their knowledge of and exposure to interest rate, bond and their derivative products such as Swaps & FRAs.
- The broad responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, building tools that help the desk in optimizing P/L generation and aid design of trading strategies. The role would also require a candidate to provide indicative price levels for standardized client solutions. They will also create customize reports on Trading metrics like risk taking, inventory turnover etc and wider business metrics like capital efficiency, franchise performance which will help in understanding business / strategy performance and support design and fine tuning of strategies.
- Optimizing and customizing traders - price sheet upon request
- Analyzing and Explaining Risks and P&L of the trading books
- Utilizing data analysis techniques to analyze various strategies and their Pnl impact
- Conducting Analysis for Trading desk related to risk taking, turnover, market making efficiency etc.
- Conducting Analysis for Trading desk related to capital efficiency, client impact, hit ratios etc
- Adhoc data analysis project that deliver actionable insights to the desk
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Good understanding of interest rate products and financial markets including but not limited to swaps & FRAs
- In depth knowledge in interest rate pricing
- Strong Statistical, Time series and Data Analysis Skills
- Good coding skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of interest rate derivative products
- Knowledge of Python/R
- Knowledge of SQL
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.