Talent Acquisition at Barclays
Views:770 Applications:185 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:85
Barclays - AVP/VP - Model Governance/Model Risk Management (5-15 yrs)
The role holder will be supporting the management of the MRM Forums as well as managing the information produced by MRG&C and feeding into other, relevant governance bodies covering model risk.
The role will be supporting the management of key stakeholder relationships with an objective to ensure that model risk is managed proactively and within tolerance within the organisation. The role may also be required to support other MRG&C activities as required by the business.
Key Accountabilities :
- Initially, help set up the new Model Governance Forums: develop templates, assist with Terms of Reference, stakeholder identification and liaison, consolidate model lifecycle MI and create KPIs / dashboards with requirements from key stakeholders.
- On-going management of forums: act as a Forum Secretary, agree and finalize agenda with the Chair and/or forum members, draft minutes, prepare materials and follow up on relevant items.
- Ensure that reporting is delivered in a timely and accurate manner in line with the reporting principles.
- Review the reporting and governance updates with a view to produce insightful and concise forum commentary
- Liaise within MGC and MRM to investigate and clean up the data issues, including liaising with relevant workflow, model validation colleagues, model owners/delegates and forum leads.
- Continually identify key points of automation to improve overall efficiency.
- Assist with Model Governance and Controls Team activities as required e.g. Controls, Conformance Reviews, New and Amended Product Approval, Change Risk Impact Assessments etc.
Essential skills :
- PC skills - Competence in the use of Excel including complex formulas and pivot tables, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
- Specific technical skills & knowledge:
a. Data processing skills with attention to detail
b. Model data & model lifecycle knowledge
c. Awareness of the Group Model Risk Policy and supporting standards
- Good business and Risk understanding
- Team working - Ability to work with and in cross-functional and virtual teams across locations.
- Excellent Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to package technical ideas and communicate results in a logical, understandable way for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Planning and Organisation - Ability to prioritize work in order to maximize value for the business, ability to deliver quickly and under pressure is essential.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.